A case for ROP Term

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
A discussion about ROPTerm came up in a Mortgage Protection thread.

While ROPTerm is not the deal it was before the rate increases and with so many companies dropping their ROPterm product. I still feel there is a place for it.

Here are two cases I wrote. One is someone that would have been an "FE" client. The other is a client that is an educated professional that needed something to cover a new Mortgage. I wrote one on his father as well, replacing an FE policy.

Please feel free to tear these up and show me how you would sell against these.

Female = 59 NonT probably Table 2-4 due to meds and build. I also have a small WL and a GUL on her. Non Med - $75,000 until age 79 then $63,943 Reduced Paid-Up Or a check for $33,725. All contractual

Male
= 32 Professional, P+, Solid Termite, owns the ROPTerm on his father. Fully Underwritten - $1,000,000 until age 62 then $127,000 Reduced Paid-up Or a check for $57,340. All Contractual.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, Let me try this again --

These are unrelated cases

Attachments

• Female age 59 ROPTerm.pdf
    347 KB · Views: 8
  • Male age 32 ROPTerm.pdf
    323.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I know you’re looking for potential objections, and I’m sorry to disappoint! But I wouldn’t sell against these. I love this type of plan for the right client. I actually have something similar on myself. I see the male example is Cinci Life. What company is the female?

I know you’re looking for potential objections, and I’m sorry to disappoint! But I wouldn’t sell against these. I love this type of plan for the right client. I actually have something similar on myself. I see the male example is Cinci Life. What company is the female?

United Home Life.

Just like agents are taught to deal with prospect objections, I want to know what the agents would say.

I love this because I'm about to learn something new:

How are you building cash value with a term policy with RoP?

For the 32 y/o, I think that's the wrong move, here's why:

1m for 30 years in MI is 52/month. Dude has around $100 difference. I'm going to assume he meets the income requirements for a Roth. 30 years $1200 annually *.07 average growth rate is 121k, cash.

He blows the check out of the water. He almost matches the paid up option. This guy's self insured, no matter what.

Let's say he takes distributions at age 62. 4% is $4800, tax free. That's a vacation every year.

He doesn't even have to take RMD's for his entire life. If he stops contributing at 62 and dies at 80, he dies with 400k in the account and his children have to take RMD's, but the cash continues to grow tax free.

They could reasonably have a minimum of 16000 a year tax free for life without ever losing the principal (obvs some years up, some down)

Plus, if the Roth's through employment, he can take out loans that are tax free.

The RoP really only works IF the term is short and/or the risk tolerance is low. However, the agent gets a pretty sweet bump in comm.

Not saying you're doing that for the money, at all.

I just think because he's so young, he can ride the market waves and come out better.

Last edited:
Back