A.D Banker or Kaplan

Shaunni

Hey everyone! I’m pretty new here and plan on starting a Property & Casualty course. I’m in Michigan and although I’ve done research and see that there are a few good schools with great passing ratings, but I’m stuck between A.D Banker & Kaplan Financial. I heard Kaplan is wayyyyyy too long! Is this true? Not trying to take forever completing this.

Which did you take? And did it take longer than a few months before you finished?

Never took a course, just purchased the study guide for my resident state, read it and passed after the second attempt. Give yourself the time too absorb a little bit at a time, 1-2 chapters a night. Take the chapter tests until you pass each time. Go back and retest after you have moved on in chapters. Take the exam, only answer the questions you are sure of. Go back at the end and answer the questions you skipped if you think you know the answer and don't change ANY answers. then leave the testing room

@fed up

Oh wow you had it made! I’m required to take the course before taking the state exam.

Thanks so much for your advice/tips. I’ll be sure to keep all of that in mind!

Yeah, I had to take the course too. Here in Ca, and I am guessing most or all states, you have to take a course online or in person. My guess is @fed up did it back in the good old days when that wasn't a requirement, but still probably a good idea for most.

@Markthebroker was 40 hours a requirement there as well(I’ve seen some places require more)? If so, did it take you longer than a couple of months to complete?

Virginia does not require you to take a certain amount of pre-license credits before testing. This means that studying for your exam is 100% up to you.

I used AD banker passed first try. Loved it, you cant advance in the course unless you score 80 or higher on the tests... the refresher tests are awesome.

believe its 40 hours & 12 hour ethics for cali

I used AD banker passed first try. Loved it, you cant advance in the course unless you score 80 or higher on the tests... the refresher tests are awesome.

I thought it was like 40 total. But again, it's been a while. You might be right.

This is correct. 40 hours and 12 hours of ethics total: 52 hours.

OP, check your state to verify if you need the 12 hours of ethics as well. Honestly, just take an online course and do it from home. For myself, I am not a fan of either school.

Back