'A Public Safety Disaster': Obamacare Could Force THOUSANDS of Volunteer Fire Departments to Close

Smells fishy because it's "pending final rule". IRS hasn't issued official ruling whether VF counts as employees for PPACA purposes, or what counts as hours, as I indicated.

Quoted from the article:

"If the IRS classifies volunteer firefighters and emergency medical personnel as employees in their final rule..."

I know a lot of VF who don't have HI at another job. The article went on to ask how they define hours? 30 hours at calls? 30 hours on-call? 30 hours with the radio on? 30 hours in the firehouse?

Heck, most of my VF friends basically live at the house, 30 hours is a "weekend".

30 hours is just getting started in the avoid the wife annual games....If all they manage is 30 hours a week they are novices at it.

Obama waves a pen and exempts wide swaths of supporters, very explicitly.

IRS and the Treasury dept. Propose a rule ( December 2012), allow a comment period, revise the rule, allow more comments, propose a final rule, and vote on it.

They don't exempt volunteer firefighters at all; they do the right thing and revise the rules surrounding volunteers being counted as employees so that no similar volunteer-staffed "businesses" would be subject to the unfair law that one group made the news about. They fixed the law, instead of just writing in a loophole to benefit a single supporter.

Amazing the difference between what is supposed to happen under law, and what Obama chooses to do time and again, huh?

Latest posts

Back