A Sincere Request...(please Help)

Lots of ideas to ponder. The BIG thing is that regardless of the line you choose, you need to join an agency. Good, bad, or ugly, you will get some support and training that you just won't be able to get trying to piece it all together yourself.

Down the road, maybe independent. But not now.

I would go with what Larry says.

HOWEVER, stay away from the MLM's and chop shops that advertize for agents. I think you said you visited one with 100's of reps pitching internet leads. Not good.

Also, getting your PC lic. might not be a bad way to go. Its a tough one, but if you are a hustler (*i know you said you don't like working alone), but if you have a support team behind you (believe it or not, this is critical in most sales success stories), you can do fairly well.

Why not visit some PC shops and see what you can come up with. Talk to the Senior Managers and tell them your story. See what they say. Go see them....and find someone you can work with.

In the L&H arena you could possible look at Combined or Western Southern since they offer close supervision and structured training.

In the L&H arena you could possible look at Combined or Western Southern since they offer close supervision and structured training.

Thanks xrac,

Are those companies national? I tried doing a search for them and came up empty.

Do you know anyone who has worked with them that perhaps i could talk to?

thanks man!

Congrats on not wanting to delude yourself. Here's the truth: motivation IS an internal, NOT external thing. If you can't do it, you should get a job selling lawn care or cell phones or whatever for someone else.

...Yep. I need to be in a Team environment. Just the way i am wired.

BTW...what did you mean by motivation being "Internal?"

...Yep. I need to be in a Team environment. Just the way i am wired.

BTW...what did you mean by motivation being "Internal?"

It has to come from within yourself.. If you aren't self motivated, then no one else is really going to be able to motive you in any meaningful way.

It has to come from within yourself.. If you aren't self motivated, then no one else is really going to be able to motive you in any meaningful way.

...all depends. Different people are motivated by Different things.

I look to Maslows hierarchy of needs first.

Back