I need some clarification from real independent agents - Help!

I've seen worse. :laugh:
I’ve seen much much worse 100 times . Many I never took pics of. The 1000’s and 1000’s of people many times over I’ve knocked , had appts with over the yrs I never felt threatened to the pt of feeling in danger . Had a few heated confrontations but never had anyone threaten me or take a swing .

Last edited:
I’ve seen much much worse 100 times . Many I never took pics of. The 1000’s and 1000’s of people many times over I’ve knocked , had appts with over the yrs I never felt threatened to the pt of feeling in danger . Had a few heated confrontations but never had anyone threaten me or take a swing .

The beauty of this business is we can choose our market. What houses to go into or better yet to call.

No smellaphones yet. :1eek:

" I now realize got roped into working for Family First and I'm feeling incredibly uneasy about some things I believe I've been flat out lied to about. "

This has been my experience 90% of the time. Someone will post ads or listings on insurance jobs sites or Indeed, etc, with their name or some fancy name they gave their company. It's not until you get into one or two conversations that you find out they're FFL or Symmetry or...any other IMO.
If you don't want an IMO/FMO/NMO experience, better to just contract with individual carriers.

But I'm kind of new myself, so I may not know anything.

This has been my experience 90% of the time. Someone will post ads or listings on insurance jobs sites or Indeed, etc, with their name or some fancy name they gave their company. It's not until you get into one or two conversations that you find out they're FFL or Symmetry or...any other IMO.
If you don't want an IMO/FMO/NMO experience, better to just contract with individual carriers.

But I'm kind of new myself, so I may not know anything.

Depending on the product it can be limiting to impossible to get direct contracts.
Most IMO are cool. Just different flavors and depends on what you need or want from them.

There are plenty of real IMOs that don't operate like Symmetry or FFL.

You can't contract with most traditional life/LTC/disability carriers without one.

Even contracting with companies like Guardian and Mass, unless you're an employee, you're still working under a general agency.

Depending on the product it can be limiting to impossible to get direct contracts.
Most IMO are cool. Just different flavors and depends on what you need or want from them.
I know it's definitely limiting. I am contracted with 4 carriers individually, but I wish I'd jumped into an IMO straightaway if only for the structure and mentoring.

Back