A Special Enrollment Period Will Allow a Consumer to Enroll

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
so....how will they screw this up......

"March 31, 2014

While open enrollment for 2014 Marketplace coverage ends today, March 31, a special enrollment period will allow a consumer to enroll in health coverage outside of the open enrollment period and have it be effective for this coverage year. Consumers can report qualifying events for a special enrollment period using HealthCare.gov. For additional information, please review the new guidance on our agent and broker resources page: http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Programs-and-Initiatives/Health-Insurance-Marketplaces/Downloads/new-change-in-circumstances-functionality-20140324.pdf."

Retroactive termination? Ha. Thats so pre-Obamacare. I used to see 3 to 4 per year before 2010. None since

Retroactive termination? Ha. Thats so pre-Obamacare. I used to see 3 to 4 per year before 2010. None since

I would think it's possible if they can prove you did not qualify for a SEP. No idea how that would play out. Supervisor at Anthem told me they had received zero guidance from HHS on proof of SEP documentation.

I would think it's possible if they can prove you did not qualify for a SEP. No idea how that would play out. Supervisor at Anthem told me they had received zero guidance from HHS on proof of SEP documentation.

It's almost as if someone way up in the Administration put the brakes on HHS right after the first of the year when they realized this law was going to bomb. Instead of new rules and guidance, HHS has invested all of it's time in formulating delays that benefit Democrats who are up for reelection.

Did you see the Sebelius TV interview that was being talked about today? She looked battle fatigued and ready to resign. Didn't object to the interviewer's statement/conclusion that most Americans hate this law.

When there are public and well-conducted surveys by a highly respected polling agency, it's pretty hard to debate that the majority do not support the law in current form. Not saying anything was probably the best move she could have made.

I mean, how do you discredit Gallup and Kaiser without shooting yourself in the foot for using their data as well?

As for SEP, most reasons require loss of coverage, and apps ask for prior coverage, so that's easy enough to check. The "non-loss" reasons, like being a native american, returning from deployment, etc are easy to check as well.

I'd bet they let it go through, and if something is fishy, request supporting docs in 90 days. Checking on the front end is probably too onerous a task to complete in a reasonable time frame.

Last edited:
Back