ACA Premium Subsidies for 2022

LostDollar

There's No Toilet Paper- on the Road Less Traveled
5000 Post Club
Kansas
My family member with ACA coverage will have ACA coverage for part of 2022 and employer coverage for part of 2022.

As a result, I have two questions.

First, did the removal of an income cap for ACA subsidiy qualification carry over from 2021 to 2022 too? As near as I can see, the answer is yes.

Second, this person has a periods of time in 2022 where they were unemployed and then employed but ineligible for the employer coverage because of being a new employee. Can we apply for a tax credit on our 2022 return for those months?

Thank you.
LD

My family member with ACA coverage will have ACA coverage for part of 2022 and employer coverage for part of 2022.

As a result, I have two questions.

First, did the removal of an income cap for ACA subsidiy qualification carry over from 2021 to 2022 too? As near as I can see, the answer is yes.

Second, this person has a periods of time in 2022 where they were unemployed and then employed but ineligible for the employer coverage because of being a new employee. Can we apply for a tax credit on our 2022 return for those months?

Thank you.
LD
Correct, income cap removed from 2021 and 2022, but now is through 2025 with IRA law. Hence the rush to pass before 2022 expiration.

Person is elig for tax credits for all months that they are not eligible for group coverage, and if within the income limits for the entire 2022 tax year

Correct, income cap removed from 2021 and 2022, but now is through 2025 with IRA law. Hence the rush to pass before 2022 expiration.

Person is elig for tax credits for all months that they are not eligible for group coverage, and if within the income limits for the entire 2022 tax year

Thank you.

Back