Accident / Cancer plans

sbg_ben

Super Genius
Does anyone sell these to ACA people? What is the carrier you use and how do you position the product? Also, what's the typical cost?

I'm not a huge believer in these products so I'm trying to take a second look at them to make sure I'm not doing a disservice to my clients by not bringing it up to them. Many people buy a bronze plan with a huge deductible because it's all they can afford.

I sell Allstate accident and sickness hospital policy all day long. Both guar issue. Dirt cheap, and I highly recommend it to anybody with a high deductible. Especially family with kids prone to accidents. It's a no brainer. I've had dozens of clients get reimbursed $5k or 10k for silly accidents. I heard healthy people have accidents too. When spending $500+/mo on ACA, adding a $36/mo accident plan to fill in the gap is an easy sell. Same for hospital. These plans are SOOOO cheap in FL. Family of 4 on 5k accident and 5k hospital is like $40/mo.

I sell Allstate accident and sickness hospital policy all day long. Both guar issue. Dirt cheap, and I highly recommend it to anybody with a high deductible. Especially family with kids prone to accidents. It's a no brainer. I've had dozens of clients get reimbursed $5k or 10k for silly accidents. I heard healthy people have accidents too. When spending $500+/mo on ACA, adding a $36/mo accident plan to fill in the gap is an easy sell. Same for hospital. These plans are SOOOO cheap in FL. Family of 4 on 5k accident and 5k hospital is like $40/mo.
In Michigan, I just ran a quote for family of 4 and it is $52.79 for "plan c" which is the $5,000 hospital admission with Allstate.

For "plan enhancer" accident with a $5,000 max it is $77.48.

For accident fixed benefit it's $85.53 with a $25,000 max.

I don't hate the pricing on the plan C hospital plan, if I had a high deductible i'd probably consider buying that for my family so I didn't have to fork out 5k in the event of a hospitalization. Is that plan C with Allstate the one you are referring to?

Yikes, once I add them both together and they add in the monthly association cost it would be $139.99 per month + a one time $35 app fee to get the 5k accident and 5k hospital.

The $15 per month association fee and the application fee really kills my enthusiasm for the product

Michigan may be different. No app fees in AZ and FL, and no assoc charge. I'm speaking about the Plan Enhancer. $77 for accident policy is high. Run zips 34239 and 85012 to compare. I'm fam of 4, with 8k accident policy, cost is $36/mo in AZ, even cheaper in FL.

Michigan may be different. No app fees in AZ and FL, and no assoc charge. I'm speaking about the Plan Enhancer. $77 for accident policy is high. Run zips 34239 and 85012 to compare. I'm fam of 4, with 8k accident policy, cost is $36/mo in AZ, even cheaper in FL.
Ok maybe that is why they didn't make as much sense to me as it seems to make to other people. I actually realized it may be a good idea for me to partner up with someone who is good at that type of sale and get some sort of split going on.

Who has Agent contracts for these products?

Back