Ad marketing for dec pages

Yup. Me. I create all my own leads. Originally I was getting referrals left and right from a referral system I had woven into my sales process, but at this point my phone is ringing so much from my network and existing clients that I've had more business than I have wanted for quite some time.
When you started out did you buy leads? Did you talk to people you knew? I remember you saying you worked at an ad agency but didn't do a single ad for your insurance agency. How did you get leads before you had customers to get referrals from?

When you started out did you buy leads? Did you talk to people you knew? I remember you saying you worked at an ad agency but didn't do a single ad for your insurance agency. How did you get leads before you had customers to get referrals from?
I cold called out of the phone book, went to mixers, and called on old leads that the agency hadn't closed. I did some advertising in the beginning, but very little. I had a lot of sales experience walking into this, so I leveraged off of that. My main focus was commercial, and now it's 100% commercial.

There was one other thing I did which was by far the most effective. By far. I canvassed - walking in cold to businesses and introducing myself. Again, keep in mind, I got into insurance with lots of b2b sales experience.

Back