• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Advertising on Brochures, Postcards, Flyers Etc... INC. LLC Rules

iiinycboi

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone know the rule for advertising your business name?

Say i am XYZ Insurance Brokerage Inc.

Do i have to put the Inc. on my business cards, postcards, building sign etc...

i don't thing you need the inc. but if you are printing any thing, but a generic flyer. you will need company approval.

NY has pretty specific rules about that stuff.

I'm doing some research but i can't find any regulations/rules for advertising these things. I know the real estate sign has specific guidelines but not so sure about general business advertisement.

I forget the exact rules, but I believe you have to have state approval on any materials akin to CMS approval.

Many carriers have pre-approved advertisements such as postcards, mailers, etc... All you need to do is take the pdf to a print shop and have your info put on. I would contact your carrier's marketing team. This is the safest thing to do.

Unless you are doing something very generic - "Buy life insurance from me", etc...

Don't put rates, specifics or company info on anything that you produce yourself.

I would like to just advertise my own company that we are a brokerage in your area.

Just need to know if i need to put the INC. on my advertisements. For example

If i am XYZ Insurance Agency Inc. or XYZ Insurance Agency LLC

for my post cards that i send out do i have to put the INC or LLC after XYZ Insurance Agency on the postcards?

Unfortunately I don’t know the specific laws for New York. That being said if you contact your closest courthouse they might be able to help you out a bit more.

Could you set up a DBA? Nycobi Inc. DBA Nycobi. Just an idea, not a qualified response.

Unfortunately I don’t know the specific laws for New York. That being said if you contact your closest courthouse they might be able to help you out a bit more.

Courthouse won't help, it's the DOI I'd be worried about.

Back