Aetna Commission Status

FLM2

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I've almost received more emails from Aetna telling me they are working on paying 2015 commissions than actual commissions.

I was paid on 7 cases a couple of weeks ago and 4 today, that's out of a total of 40 new applications placed with them.

It's really strange that Aetna Medicare commissions are paid on a timely basis each and every month (at least to me) and their U65 commissions are so screwed up.

I wonder if Aetna outsourced U65 commission administration to Florida Blue, they are the experts at not paying commissions.

It's really strange that Aetna Medicare commissions are paid on a timely basis each and every month (at least to me)

Glad you put that disclaimer in there because I just got paid Monday on my Aetna AEP business. I haven't been paid on any Coventry U65 business yet (from OEP). Didn't write any Aetna U65. Have several cases with Humana from OEP for which I haven't been paid yet. And they're usually Johnny on the spot with their commissions for U65 business.

I think they should relabel it "keeping you confused".

-------------------------
Keeping you informed: Some of your January 2015 commission payments have processed

The commission team has been working hard to process and pay the first commission payments of 2015 and they have made great progress. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Paid to date and upcoming payments
As of February 20, we released EFT commission payments and statements for Coventry on- and off-exchange business. If you are paid via check you should have received your check last week.

Last week Florida Coventry off-exchange EFT payments were processed and by the end of last week we paid commissions for the balance of January and the balance of the subsidy for February, assuming the payments met the 50% threshold. The member portion for February will be paid in March, again assuming the 50% threshold is met. Aetna and additional Coventry commission payments and statements were released this week. The next commission run will be on March 13, 2015 and the payments will appear in your account approximately 5 business days after March 13.

Payments made to date do not make up all payments as some payments are still being processed. Partial commission payments were made for most on-exchange states.

Here we are in the 3rd month of 2015 and commissions from 'all' carriers are still not flowing smoothly. This is worse than 2014. Yes, they are doing a good job of pissing off and pissing on agents. Personally, I cannot carry the insurance companies OR the government. Lots of reasons not to pay. I keep hearing 'the system'. Bull!

Here we are in the 3rd month of 2015 and commissions from 'all' carriers are still not flowing smoothly. This is worse than 2014. Yes, they are doing a good job of pissing off and pissing on agents. Personally, I cannot carry the insurance companies OR the government. Lots of reasons not to pay. I keep hearing 'the system'. Bull!

Of the 6 companies I wrote business with only 2 (Aetna, Coventry) have been an issue-Assurant, Humana, UHC and Cigna are all paying on a timely basis.

And since Aetna and Coventry have the worst commission structure (except for Assurant, of course) it is unlikely they will receive much attention from me next year except to advise clients to change companies.

Of the 6 companies I wrote business with only 2 (Aetna, Coventry) have been an issue-Assurant, Humana, UHC and Cigna are all paying on a timely basis.

And since Aetna and Coventry have the worst commission structure (except for Assurant, of course) it is unlikely they will receive much attention from me next year except to advise clients to change companies.

I'm glad Cigna is paying you on a timely basis: they owe me a few thousand and the new statement was just released with minus a buck or two. They did a decent job in 2014; not so in 2015. I am more than frustrated with them. I left my client base with them and now I wish I had moved them. That is on my list of things to do for 2016.

Aetna posted their weekly commission statements today; they are paying me for about 80% of my February premiums but seem to have forgotten about the 75% of the January premiums that haven't been paid yet.

I guess that is progress but it's going to be tough to get this straight, I suppose.

That's what BC/BS IL did in Feb. They paid Feb. commissions but left off the 50% not paid from January. No telling what they will come up with for March.
Cigna paid nothing the first pay run for March. These people!

Back