Aetna Continental Life Vs New Aetna Med Supp

It was the current MoO offering. If memory serves me correctly they had a 6% reduction in year two on their Plan G.

You follow them more than I do. Didn't the raise rates but introduce a new, higher HH discount?

my clients thought I was some kind of god!

tdtess-3.JPG

Aetna lowered the rates on plan G on new and existing business a couple of years ago

Which "Aetna"?

Did they introduce a new carrier (AHL, CLI, ACL) about the same time?

When they rolled out AHL in Georgia a few years ago they RAISED existing rates on CLI policyholders 9.5% then offered NEW applicants rates 25% less than CLI rates.

You follow them more than I do. Didn't the raise rates but introduce a new, higher HH discount?

Yes, they had a normal rate increase and then offset that by adding a 12% HH discount. The discount only requires that they are married or living with someone 60 or older for at least 12 months.

Tony.png

Have you ever seen a carrier lower rates in the first year?

Yes. Aetna (actual Aetna) did a rate decrease KY in March 2016 on a couple of plans including G, and increased Plan F.

Are you suggesting the ratio applies to each policy written? Or a block of same/similar plans?

The ratio applies to the block, typically on a statewide basis. Companies are prohibited from implementing individually targeted rate increases.

Last edited:
Back