Aetna Fitness Benefit change

Don’t think Aetna wanted to do this according to the Sales Managers. Think we had some other carriers who didn’t think to add this benefit cry to CMS. Makes total sense though to cover bowling balls, golf clubs, pickleball racquets, treadmills, etc but God forbid they get shoes for said activities.
And I was going to get a pair and take up jogging.

And I was going to get a pair and take up jogging.
Had several clients at the YMCA I go to get tennis shoes before they did away with it. Also two have told me they got new pickleball racquets. Benefit sounds silly but people do love it especially all my golfers that can go to other courses and get the green fees and cart rental reimbursed. I’m thinking you can afford your own pair though!

Had several clients at the YMCA I go to get tennis shoes before they did away with it. Also two have told me they got new pickleball racquets. Benefit sounds silly but people do love it especially all my golfers that can go to other courses and get the green fees and cart rental reimbursed. I’m thinking you can afford your own pair though!

My 90 year old father-in-law doesn't golf. I think I'm going to use his $600 benefit to get me a Scotty Cameron putter.

I enrolled a lady for an effective date of 4/1. She got the letter from Aetna and I emailed her as well about this change.

She sent me this nasty response, how this was a "bait and switch" and she was "very disappointed", and also "this plan has no OTC benefits like my husbands has."

Sure, Jan.

I enrolled a lady for an effective date of 4/1. She got the letter from Aetna and I emailed her as well about this change.

She sent me this nasty response, how this was a "bait and switch" and she was "very disappointed", and also "this plan has no OTC benefits like my husbands has."

Sure, Jan.

Its not a bait and switch the Govt is forcing Aetna to not include Items they do not deem as health and wellness'
If Aetna could keep those Items they would

Truth is there are more benefits that will disappear next AEP across the board

the party is over

My 90 year old father-in-law doesn't golf. I think I'm going to use his $600 benefit to get me a Scotty Cameron putter.
That is probably happening. There is a disclaimer on the claim form that it is fraud to mislead the Company and they have to sign and date the form. I’m guessing many POA’s and kids are using the OTC benefit for themselves also.

That is probably happening. There is a disclaimer on the claim form that it is fraud to mislead the Company and they have to sign and date the form. I’m guessing many POA’s and kids are using the OTC benefit for themselves also.
I thought about getting gifts for the grandkids with mine.

OK. We've got golf covered. What about fishing?

A bucket of crickets and a cane pole can be very therapeutic.

OK. We've got golf covered. What about fishing?

A bucket of crickets and a cane pole can be very therapeutic.
Fishing poles are no longer allowed. My suggestion for someone as old as you would be to buy a kayak and a ski pole to spear the fish. Can also buy weights to anchor your kayak in place. Get a big old Ketlle bell to keep in the boat to tie your weight anchor to. Get a jump rope and cut the ends off to use for a stringer in case you actually get a fish. And you would still have about $12.00 left to get some knee pads in case Somarco wants to fish too. :) All of these are still approved under Aetna's fitness benefit!

Latest posts

Back