• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Aetna HRA payments gone by June 1st

Here is comes! Already received word that HRA payments will stop for Aetna. Effective dates of June and July will be honored if app is submitted by 5/31. This is a start to an ugly three year period of uncertainty. What will be next?

You mean built into 2026 renewals for new business written in 2025 effective dates? I believe the residuals will be on the old rate for 2026 unless they were new business. That’s my assumption. Time will tell

Here is comes! Already received word that HRA payments will stop for Aetna. Effective dates of June and July will be honored if app is submitted by 5/31. This is a start to an ugly three year period of uncertainty. What will be next?
Don't like this at all because now when I switch my current client's policies who want to change, I won't get paid anything extra. At least I would get paid the HRA. I have several DSNP clients who want to switch when a plan with more groceries becomes available.

Wait…. We will be seeing a lot of non commissionable policies. Just wait.

And those will be the ones that agents will avoid. Humana did that with one of their newer plans here in Georgia. Has a $2,900 max out of pocket limit ($3,450 in some parts of the state). I can only imagine the enrollment in that plan dropped drastically here. Ironically, the same plan still pays a commission in South Carolina.

That sucks . I’ve written 17 Aetna dsnps the last 4 weeks . That $110 is huge . You make a crummy $175 for a 6/1 effective date in mapd .

It is yet another case of Aetna throwing in the towel before it is actually required just to save a buck. Fk Aetna. Who else is doing this?

An ugly 3 yr period in all Medicare . Mapd , pdp and supps . The true reason hra’s went away is carriers screwed the govt out of $12 bil in bs overhyped sick members codes using hra’s as the henchmen . Calling members 200 times to “ send the nurse out “ . Finding stuff wrong with them to milk the govt . No different than drs milking orginal Medicare . Marketing money was going to be cut big no matter what . Any fmo that thinks overrides will be the same even if allowed is dreaming .

Back