Aetna Is Baaaaaack!

They ran off most of my business years ago. Had to fight to keep stuff on the books 6 months when they failed to set up the bank draft (many times) then back billed for 3 - 4 months causing bounced checks.

Got a lot of angry calls over that.

I believe it was 2 years ago they raised rates on in force business 3x in the same calendar year.

They could pay 40% commission and I would not place anything with them.

They ran off most of my business years ago. Had to fight to keep stuff on the books 6 months when they failed to set up the bank draft (many times) then back billed for 3 - 4 months causing bounced checks.

Got a lot of angry calls over that.

I believe it was 2 years ago they raised rates on in force business 3x in the same calendar year.

They could pay 40% commission and I would not place anything with them.

My sentiments exactly and now they want to be big dogs in the senior market.:err:

I'm having a good experience with them, especially in FL where the Aetna $5500 HSA High Deductible plan is the best priced on the west coast, and their 10k Value plan is the lowest priced in the market

Actually, when I said "showed up," I meant that any of their plans showed up at all. Not really anything to do with how competitive their rates are.

Aetna stopped writing new business in Ohio so none of their plans would show up in BO. In Pa, of course, they show up.

So maybe they are writing again in Ohio. I didn't have time to call and check.

Aetna has had a hard time deciding what they want to be when they grow up.

I interviewed with them for a rep position when I graduated. At that time they had just about anything you wanted in the health lines. IFP, small group, large group.

Then they got out of IFP, then back in, then out, then in again.

Back