Aetna Med Supp Increase - 2nd Time in 2 Months

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
Well it looks like I can cross Aetna off my xmas card list. They raised their premiums about 9% as of Nov 1 and now they follow it with an 11% increase for Jan 1.

That works out to a 22% increase and they've only been started writing in CA for about a year.

I won't even quote them anymore. I wrote them off for IFP awhile ago due to horrible service. Now I can say adios (the way 90% of Californians say goodbye) to them for Medicare.

Rick

Last edited:
Well it looks like I can cross Aetna off my xmas card list. They raised their premiums about 9% as of Nov 1 and now they follow it with an 11% increase for Jan 1.

That works out to a 22% increase and they've only been started writing in CA for about a year.

I won't even quote them anymore. I wrote them off for IFP awhile ago due to horrible service. Now I can say adios (the way 90% of Californians say goodbye) to them for Medicare.

*ick

Hmmmmm, where I come from 9% + 11% = 20%....not 22%.:err:

Hmmmmm, where I come from 9% + 11% = 20%....not 22%.:err:

Sorry Tom Thumb -

Where I took math:

100 + 9% = 109
109 + 11% = 120.99

So I guess I was indeed wrong. It was only 21%, not 22%. Of course, I said ABOUT to the 9%.

Thanks for finding fault with everything I post. I still owe you an autographed picture of me to put on your wall. You know, since you're apparently so in love with me.

Rick

Sorry Tom Thumb -

Where I took math:

100 + 9% = 109
109 + 11% = 120.99

So I guess I was indeed wrong. It was only 21%, not 22%. Of course, I said ABOUT to the 9%.

Thanks for finding fault with everything I post. I still owe you an autographed picture of me to put on your wall. You know, since you're apparently so in love with me.

*ick

Sorry, but I don't play for that team so I'll pass on the picture. Send it to SAI and he can put it where he keeps his Thumbs.:no:

That was manly of you to admit to a mistake. I'll give you one of Mike's Thumbs Ups for that.:yes:

Latest posts

Back