Aetna - Off-Exchange Plans Avail to Dec 2014

Sorry, the rep never mentioned SEP.
Just delete the thread please, Sam.

I'll stick to reading the forum.
I'm not in the expert field yet (about obamacare); and don't want to add confusion (to this already confusing-enough situation).

Strange, but not ONE of the agents on the webinar was "quick" enough to ask the Aetna rep if she was referring to SEP's only.

Tx... Don't worry bout it.....the source admitted there is more misinformation than truthfull info, however there are some on here that know this law backwards and forwards. In all my years in politics this is the toughest law I have ever tried to digest. I think it's good the thread exist cause it does set the record straight on the subject and since it is searchable any client will read it and also be set straight.

I agree. The issue is a valid one, TXOnline ,and one that many people will ask over and over. So it's good that you brought it up, and that the answer was clarified to mean they can enroll anytime in the year on exchange or off exchange, IF THEY HAVE A QUALIFYING EVENT OR SPECIAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD (SEP). Otherwise, they must wait until Open Enrollment.

I agree. The issue is a valid one, TXOnline ,and one that many people will ask over and over. So it's good that you brought it up, and that the answer was clarified to mean they can enroll anytime in the year on exchange or off exchange, IF THEY HAVE A QUALIFYING EVENT OR SPECIAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD (SEP). Otherwise, they must wait until Open Enrollment.

So will losing a current Indy plan that expires in April qualify for an SEP?

Yes, SEP includes:

Individuals who are currently covered under a non-grandfathered plan, and will be moving to an ACA compliant plan at their current policy renewal date.

Yes it will, Lynn. Because the loss of coverage was involuntary, it is a qualifying event.

----------

Yes, SEP includes:

Individuals who are currently covered under a non-grandfathered plan, and will be moving to an ACA compliant plan at their current policy renewal date.

I agree with that benwrigh.

Yes it will, Lynn. Because the loss of coverage was involuntary, it is a qualifying event.

----------

I agree with that benwrigh.

Awesome thanks for the clarification because they did not talk about the SEP codes in detail in the certification that I just completed this weekend. Or maybe I missed it?

Strange, but not ONE of the agents on the webinar was "quick" enough to ask the Aetna rep if she was referring to SEP's only.

Something of a problem, isn't it? When the broker community is this far behind in learning the programs, just imagine how far behind the navigators are (who have no experience with health insurance to begin with).

Awesome thanks for the clarification because they did not talk about the SEP codes in detail in the certification that I just completed this weekend. Or maybe I missed it?

I didn't think that talked about much in detail at all. I went through the training way too fast. I am sure part 2 is going to be even worse.

----------

Something of a problem, isn't it? When the broker community is this far behind in learning the programs, just imagine how far behind the navigators are (who have no experience with health insurance to begin with).

Very scary. I don't know which companies are even participating in my area. Indiana released the number of companies in each region, but not the name for some reason...

Benwrigh, don't feel bad - we don't know here who the companies are that will be participating in the exchanges. I know some that have said they will not, but I got that information strictly via verbal conversations with my reps for those companies. The only one I know for sure that will be in the exchange is BCBS (of course . . .)

Back