Aetna will not verify my Dual Complete QMB applicants

At this point (Friday the 5th), I still have heard nothing about Medicare approval!! I am wondering if I should just instruct the member to cancel the 4-1-24 app, stay on her current plan for April and shoot for May 1.

If she has to use services, they are completely different networks (IPAs), so she might have to use her current plan benefits instead. What have you done with your remaining ones?
I just went threw this . Aetna dsnp tried to replace my United . On sat the 30 th I couldn’t cancel the Aetna so I just rewrote the United which knocks out the Aetna. United was approved yesterday . Client called me daily as she needed to use . I have a rule . I never replace another company dsnp the last 5 days of the month . It takes 10-12 days to get their food card and they’ll be going wild calling daily

I just went threw this . Aetna dsnp tried to replace my United . On sat the 30 th I couldn’t cancel the Aetna so I just rewrote the United which knocks out the Aetna. United was approved yesterday . Client called me daily as she needed to use . I have a rule . I never replace another company dsnp the last 5 days of the month . It takes 10-12 days to get their food card and they’ll be going wild calling daily
It is very annoying that they haven’t put up an email to address the issue, even an apology.
The last we heard is that their new Medicaid verification company was working.
A few apps were approved and then nothing. I’m pretty sure that CMS has rules on how many days these carriers have to process these apps and submit to CMS. Aetna has shown zero concern or professionalism during this whole ordeal.

It is very annoying that they haven’t put up an email to address the issue, even an apology.
The last we heard is that their new Medicaid verification company was working.
A few apps were approved and then nothing. I’m pretty sure that CMS has rules on how many days these carriers have to process these apps and submit to CMS. Aetna has shown zero concern or professionalism during this whole ordeal.

Feb 28th i wrote a Aetna dsnp . it was Aetna HMO to PPO so i knew hmo food card would work until mine came threw . Was approved on March the 14th . Took 16 days

I too have had several issues with Aetna this year. Several PDP's denied, saying no valid SEP, when there clearly is one. Making it more frustrating, if I send those same PDP directly through medicare dot gov, with the same SEP, they approve it.

I have a DSNP pending with aetna now. We'll see where it goes.

I would also like to know why UHC can get just about any application approved in less than 24 hours, whereas the other big carriers take days, or more than a week

Is Aetna still unable to verify Medicaid? I re-submitted the same prospect as last month for a 5-1-24 effective this past Thursday, but don’t see an approval yet. In fact, all that I have received is an email confirmation that it was received.

Is Aetna still unable to verify Medicaid? I re-submitted the same prospect as last month for a 5-1-24 effective this past Thursday, but don’t see an approval yet. In fact, all that I have received is an email confirmation that it was received.
I write 2 Aetna duals last week . Both approved in 2-3 days

It appears they have fixed the issues.

Back