Aetna

I don't know if this was known yet but Aetna will be paying 5% Level

SamIAm, what is your opinion of AETNA's premiums? Every quote I've ran has Aetna more expensive than Blue Cross and Humana in the greater Chicago area. Is this what you're seeing too?

Haven't even registered my Exchange-Marketplace ID with AETNA because I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay 30% more than they need to.
ac

November 6, 2014

From today's 2015 Aetna Illinois Webinar:
(Note: It was not recorded by Aetna for later viewing.)

1. No ON-Exchange for AETNA in Illinois.
2. Off Exchange only in Chicago and the Chicago collar counties.
3. Aetna's Coventry unit will be on and off Exchange in the entire state.
4. Letters going out to current Aetna clients show 2015 premiums.
5. Agents will not be able to see or quote 2015 premiums until 11/15/2014.
6. Commission level for 2015 will be posted to Producer World on 11/7/2014.

ac

Allan Before 2014 the only time I use to sell Aetna was for diabetics or for some other cases because they didn't rate. Other than that they have always been useless to me.

Allan Before 2014 the only time I use to sell Aetna was for diabetics or for some other cases because they didn't rate. Other than that they have always been useless to me.

Also, Aetna was the only company that didn't have a smoker surcharge for people who smoked just a few cigarettes per week. They also took my 300 pound clients with just a small (5%) premium increase. Aetna was very liberal in its underwriting. It's a good thing Aetna is a big company and could afford to take on all that additional risk.

Back