Agency Name

willing

Expert
I am a New Independent Agent in the beautiful State of California.
As such I submitted an application to the State Insurance Department for a name approval about 3 weeks ago!!! This is a huge hinderance, beacsue obviously if I do not have a company name, I cannot make cards and other Marketing material.

Does anyone know how long it takes to have a "Name Approved" or what I can do to find out the status of such?

Have you tried calling them to ask?

I am a New Independent Agent in the beautiful State of California.
As such I submitted an application to the State Insurance Department for a name approval about 3 weeks ago!!! This is a huge hinderance, beacsue obviously if I do not have a company name, I cannot make cards and other Marketing material.

Does anyone know how long it takes to have a "Name Approved" or what I can do to find out the status of such?

How about just using your name as in "Bill Smith Insurance"?

You can always reprint those free VistaPrint cards when the dba comes through.

It takes the CA-DOI time to do this stuff. They're business destroying the insurance market in CA.

Rick

If you're filing a ficticious name filing you should be able to search the records to see if another is already using the name. If not you're probably safe to start moving ahead.

Dont hold your breath. When we switched from DBA to corp last year. It took them almost 3 months. Do what Greensky is saying. I used my name for few months.

How about just using your name as in "Bill Smith Insurance"?

You can always reprint those free VistaPrint cards when the dba comes through.

It takes the CA-DOI time to do this stuff. They're business destroying the insurance market in CA.

Rick
There are two maybe three who know what they're doing at the CA-DOI. The others specialize in saying, "Let me ax you a question."

Back