Agent Arrested For Violating Non-Compete

Don't insult ping pong balls!!!!

I'm sure he was basing this on the fact that most non-competes are not enforceable if overly restrictive. Unfortunately, he sold his business, he didn't just leave an existing business. Big difference.

Not listening to the judge, whether you agree or not? Bad, bad, bad idea!!!!!

Dan

I think this is a great example of just how far you have to push on a non-compete to actually have any backlash.

Last edited:
Funny, that was somewhat my view on it as well. This guy went way over the top, got caught, kept pushing, got caught again.

In addition, you know he received some cease and desist letters up front, and other warnings. Pretty amazing how far he pushed it. Wouldn't have mattered either, except he pushed a judge (figuratively) and the judge didn't like that....

Dan

JMO, if you are offered something of value, a non-compete is going to stand up. The problem is, these standard non-competes when you leave employment or terminate a contract where you receive no consideration for not competing for two years.

There are a lot of reasons why a non-compete won't stand up, but when a judge tells you to stop, you've officially lost your mind if you're going to keep chugging along.

The guy has a set of stones though, I'll give him that.

Sounds like he was writing ALOT of thise clients, I wonder if he didnt care because he actually made more than his fines will be......

Except for the jail time of course..........

It will be interesting to see the final results of everything......

Latest posts

Back