Agentco Vs Smart Choice in NC- My Final 2 Candidates

Again, what city/area are you in?

We have the highest unemployment in my area of NC, and there are a bunch of agencies looking for support staff. Not one agent/agency I have spoken with in the last couple months have required anyone to be bilingual. 10 yrs ago maybe but not so much now. Heck most of the non English speaking people have left NC because with no ss card, no license.

Without going back and reading, I have to ask, do you any insurance experience AT ALL?

ETA I just read your profile. Seriously with only working in a call center, which btw SUCKS, I think you have no idea what working in a real agency is like. Get your feet wet in an agency before blowing what life saving you have (you really don't seem to have much????).

I have had some field experience working for a family member up north a few years ago. I did prospecting and did learn a little bit about closing the sale and things like that. I just never picked up some of the logistical parts of it because...well...they were already handled. And I am trying to get to work under someone; the thing about being my own agent I wanted to wait some time and generate the revenue. But when you have shady people offering to let you work (2) and that's about it, you either become captive at state farm or you go your own route. There isn't much more to it.

I could sit and wait and not do anything about being appointed to sell, or I could risk it and go out on my own and then have the chance to sell something...

BTW I am in the Huntersville-Charlotte-Concord area; maybe cold calling an agency and asking if they need a 1099 producer isn't the best way to show interest in working under someone?

Last edited:
NCAgent, What did you end up doing? I am in a similar situation looking to start an agency from scratch with little insurance exp... I am in the Raleigh area.

Would love to hear how you are doing now.

Back