Agents Copy Entire Pages of My Site

wildcat

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
No. Cal.
I'm irritated how often I see entire pages sometimes multiple pages which have been copied from my site word for word and pasted on their own.

Do your own flippin work!!

I'm irritated how often I see entire pages sometimes multiple pages which have been copied from my site word for word and pasted on their own.

Do your own flippin work!!

Do you mean I shouldn't have done that?:goofy::D

I agree ...you would also be amazed at how certain people on this forum take other peoples post, and ideas, and re-post them on LinkedIn as their own...Claiming they are full of all kinds of good ideas...

I've come to expect it.

There is a garbage site that stole some of my content, but did give me a backlink. If your site is on wordpress you can add a plugin that will make it harder for folks to do that.

I agree ...you would also be amazed at how certain people on this forum take other peoples post, and ideas, and re-post them on LinkedIn as their own...Claiming they are full of all kinds of good ideas...

That's a serious accusation you've got there...

Over the years here I've had about a dozen agents copy all or part of my website verbiage as well as newsletter content and use them on their own sites or elsewhere. Several of them turned out to be from this group or the Top Gun group.

If you just write to the "abuse@their-web-host" department most often it will be taken down quickly once you give the ISP links to your site and the offenders.

How can you find out? I sometimes embed a made-up word or phrase, often sounding like Latin or Spanish. I might write:

"While the qax majd et allorum (allegation of truth) of the policy is apparent, you always want to check with an agent who is an expert on annuities or complex life policies."​

To a Latin scholar you will look like an ***, but to the average person, they will never know it is meaningless.

If you Google for "qax majd et allorum" and something pops up that is not on your site or newsletter... well there you go. Most people just copy... they don't copy edit.

Al

Back