AHIP making money of agents backs?

PCBI

Guru
Does anyone have any information on how many agents take the CMS AHIP required training?

1,000,000 500,000 250,000 100,000 50,000

Whatever the number times that by a minimum $125.00 price of AHIP

Example : 50,000 agents x $125.00 =

$6,250,000 usd

I find it humorous how some agents see this as a forum to slap opinions that disagree that this is good for agents.

So many profess how quick and easy the 4-8 hours of clicking thru modules has become yet think this is a great way to weed out those who dont agree? Really?

You then are “Walking contradictions”

Idea…
Alot of money made off of agents. Why not make this a CE course and be done with this insanity each year

Does anyone have any information on how many agents take the CMS AHIP required training?

1,000,000 500,000 250,000 100,000 50,000

Whatever the number times that by a minimum $125.00 price of AHIP

Example : 50,000 agents x $125.00 =

$6,250,000 usd

I find it humorous how some agents see this as a forum to slap opinions that disagree that this is good for agents.

So many profess how quick and easy the 4-8 hours of clicking thru modules has become yet think this is a great way to weed out those who dont agree? Really?

You then are “Walking contradictions”

Idea…
Alot of money made off of agents. Why not make this a CE course and be done with this insanity each year

Aetna product training

OMG

MA just doesn't seem right. Do all the certifications. Build up a client base and fail the recert test 3 times and all is lost.

How did the industry let that happen. Today couldn't an initial certification work and a yearly or every 2 year video CE work?

What do agents do when they want to walk away? Just walk away from the income from the book of business?

The reason many of us "profess how quick and easy the 4-8 hours of clicking thru modules" is because we've been doing it so long we know most of the routine answers. There's still new stuff, of course, but when you've done it for a few years you'll learn to click through pretty quick too.

So, if someone can't click through fast enough, its because they're either new and need to learn or they're not that bright. And that thins the herd.

BTW, AHIP CE costs $30 for 6 credits. Its a good deal especially since you've got to take the exam anyway. Might as well get credit for it.

MA just doesn't seem right. Do all the certifications. Build up a client base and fail the recert test 3 times and all is lost.

How did the industry let that happen. Today couldn't an initial certification work and a yearly or every 2 year video CE work?

What do agents do when they want to walk away? Just walk away from the income from the book of business?

I assure no big IMO will let the overides disappear . They’ll “ help “ them stay certified or possibly make an offer for their book of business . I agree the ahip should be harder and taken at a test center every 3 yrs so nobody can cheat .

Sell their book.

You work in a program that's tied to a Federal Program and is regulated. Don't like the rules, don't play the game.

Bob sells just Medicare Supplements and last I checked he was doing just fine.

Most of you guys just don't get it.

AHIP isn't for the agent. It's for the insurance company to say that they've given refresher training every year. This way they don't lose their funding when YOU screw up.

This is pretty common in federal programs. You do it with AML annually (I believe) for Life products.

PS: I work in a federal program, we literally have the exact 8 trainings every year. Nothing changes. It's just the way the program is...

Deal with it, or don't do it.

Last edited:
Just as an aside... It doesn't matter how much Ahip makes each year. It's literally as much of your business as it's your clients business how much you get paid on a policy.

Here's what really matters:

How much money did you keep/expand your book by offering PDP and MAPD? Was it more than $125?

If so, did you sell/keep enough to justify the 8 hours of certs?

This is a business, and a highly regulated one. Our expenses are relatively low in comparison to most businesses where you can realistically make over 100k+ a year in three years with just a GED.

Start treating it like a business and made a decision instead of complaining about the same thing, at the same time, every year @PCBI

Back