AIL Threatening to Call Cops on Me....

It's been a long time since I signed my AIL contract, but I'd be beyond surprised if it didn't say you had to return all the materials and information supplied upon resignation. If the guy is done, he has to give his stuff back. I'm also a bit confused about what the $100 is, I've never heard of them charging for leads (though personally I think it might be a good idea). That said, at most that's a fraction of what the leads cost to generate. If he isn't going to work them, he should return them so someone can work the leads and it's dishonest for him to do anything else.

If he took possession of the leads at an office, why shouldn't he return the leads to where he got them from?

You guys are really surprising me here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AIL has relationships with unions, credit unions, and associations where their members fill out cards and send them back to claim their life insurance certificates. The agent calls up, drops of the cert, a super condensed funeral planner/final wishes form, and offers them a life insurance/disability combo. Those relationships are important and the cost of those leads is very high. Even if he paid $100 that's a drop in the bucket against what they are. I believe they maintain digital copies of all the cards, either way, it'd be completely dishonest to work any of them.

Why would you suggest he do something unethical?

Ourf office charged us $75 per week to cover the appointment setters but never told us anything about it until we were about 3 weeks in

Last edited:
As I said how I handled it would be determined on how they did.

Blowing up my phone and cussing me out has a price.

I try very hard to do the right thing, as I see it, but sometimes you have to make the other person do like wise.

It's been a long time since I signed my AIL contract, but I'd be beyond surprised if it didn't say you had to return all the materials and information supplied upon resignation. If the guy is done, he has to give his stuff back. I'm also a bit confused about what the $100 is, I've never heard of them charging for leads (though personally I think it might be a good idea). That said, at most that's a fraction of what the leads cost to generate. If he isn't going to work them, he should return them so someone can work the leads and it's dishonest for him to do anything else.

If he took possession of the leads at an office, why shouldn't he return the leads to where he got them from?

You guys are really surprising me here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AIL has relationships with unions, credit unions, and associations where their members fill out cards and send them back to claim their life insurance certificates. The agent calls up, drops of the cert, a super condensed funeral planner/final wishes form, and offers them a life insurance/disability combo. Those relationships are important and the cost of those leads is very high. Even if he paid $100 that's a drop in the bucket against what they are. I believe they maintain digital copies of all the cards, either way, it'd be completely dishonest to work any of them.

Why would you suggest he do something unethical?

As I said how I handled it would be determined on how they did.

Blowing up my phone and cussing me out has a price.

I try very hard to do the right thing, as I see it, but sometimes you have to make the other person do like wise.

Yeah, what he said..........................................

It sounds like the leads wouldn't be of much value to him if that's the case. They may try and charge him $500 debit balance for them so that's something to think about too.

Chalk it up as another BS insurance gig.

If they threatened you, in any way (especially if you have a message, which is evidence) you should remind them that you can take action for that, while you're returning the leads.

If I were in your position I would just read my contract.
It will tell you what is required in this situation.

If you are required to send the, back, I second copying the leads first.

Most any captive insurance contract has a provision that says that all "sales/informational/related material" is the property of the company.
The $100 was probably just a charge to "use" their leads.

But if not, then keep them. Especially after the way they acted.

And they cant call the cops on you (or at least the cops wouldnt do anything). It would be a civil matter (disputed contract), not criminal.

Either way I would contact the managers manager and let them know about the threats they have been making and the profanity used against you.

Back