Alcoa terminates life insurance policies for retirees

Have a client I have been meaning to call on but kept putting it off. Yesterday evening I had a lady put off an appointment so I decided to take the long way home and go by his house. Male, age 79, widower.... wrote him $5K last year to go with what he had and really did not think he would be in the market for any more life but thought he might be interested in a cancer plan. When we sat down around the kitchen table I mentioned the cancer and he informed me he had a cancer policy but then he started asking questions about the life. I had sold him Settlers and I reviewed their current situation with him. Then, I mentioned that funeral bills keep going up and he might want add a little more. That is when he told me that he had just gotten a letter telling him that his company had cancelled the $10K they had been providing retirees. I sold him $10K for 163.70 per month. Just goes to show that even the smallest book of business has hidden gems waiting to be mined. There are more and more companies doing away with retiree life.

rousemark said:

That is when he told me that he had just gotten a letter telling him that his company had cancelled the $10K they had been providing retirees. I sold him $10K for 163.70 per month. Just goes to show that even the smallest book of business has hidden gems waiting to be mined. There are more and more companies doing away with retiree life.

This is a great point. No one should trust their health, pension and life will be around for the rest of their lives.

rousemark said:

That is when he told me that he had just gotten a letter telling him that his company had cancelled the $10K they had been providing retirees. I sold him $10K for 163.70 per month. Just goes to show that even the smallest book of business has hidden gems waiting to be mined. There are more and more companies doing away with retiree life.

This is a great point. No one should trust their health, pension and life will be around for the rest of their lives.
True. And, agents should always keep in touch with clients, even those they think have no potential for additional business, because you never know when their circumstances will change.

Back