Life Insurance for the Non-Citizen Hispanic population

Jessica Durphy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Kentucky
Does anyone know of a carrier that will cater to the non-citizen Hispanic market... ?
I see this as a hugely underserved population. After having 2 successful agents with the personal and commercial lines ~ I'd love to able to assist these customers with life insurance as well. Is there anything out there?

Does anyone know of a carrier that will cater to the non-citizen Hispanic market... ?
I see this as a hugely underserved population. After having 2 successful agents with the personal and commercial lines ~ I'd love to able to assist these customers with life insurance as well. Is there anything out there?
Viva Life.

They have brochures in Spanish, only need an ITIN, and have a 4 health question app.

It's just for term and they only go to 250k, but it's a good option.

Manhattan/Family Life is good to go with non citizens as ling as they have TIN number. They not only have the VIVA simplified issue wl and term but also will accept them on their fully underwritten life and health products.

Thank you all!!! I'll research these options and see what we can do with these carriers in KY ... I REALLY APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK

Are any of you successfully writing these policies currently?! If so, I would imagine the premiums are higher than the typical 15,20, 30 yr terms or the WL premium for citizens.

Last edited:
Thank you all!!! I'll research these options and see what we can do with these carriers in KY ... I REALLY APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK

Are any of you successfully writing these policies currently?! If so, I would imagine the premiums are higher than the typical 15,20, 30 yr terms or the WL premium for citizens.
The premiums are higher than you find with term companies but it has nothing to do with fact they arr offered to non citizens. The rates are the same for citizens and non citizens. If you are interested in the Manhattan/Family life plans message me and I wll put you in touch an FMO.

The premiums are higher than you find with term companies but it has nothing to do with fact they arr offered to non citizens. The rates are the same for citizens and non citizens. If you are interested in the Manhattan/Family life plans message me and I wll put you in touch an FMO
Gotcha.. would you know if the only access to these different carriers are through a FMO

Rates are the same, generally speaking.

For fully underwritten, certain countries carry a higher risk. And it’s possible to have the health rating impacted by that.

Compared to their own country, the premiums in the US are usually much lower. Along with many other benefits, the US based policy provides.

... would you know if the only access to these different carriers are through a FMO
Manhattan calls them Regional Directors but yes, you will be ubder one. I reccomend Lou Barber out of Memphis. Leaves you alone unless you need help. His focus is patroll deduction but also works with agents in the individual markets. Phone is 800 752 3419. Ask for Mallory and tell her I told you to call.

Back