Alex Murdaugh arranged for a man to kill him in a conspiracy to collect $10M in life insurance

I am leaning toward the lawyer shot and killed his wife and son.

Keep in mind the son was due to be on trial for murdering a girl via drunk driving a boat. If I remember correctly, he left the scene of the accident and she was found a few days later.

Most people just assumed it was her father or a close family member.

Murdaugh is an accident attorney, but his father was a top prosecuter in the state. So the family had lots of connections on that side and most people assumed the son would get a slap on the wrist if anything like most wealthy connected people do in this state.

Keep in mind the son was due to be on trial for murdering a girl via drunk driving a boat. If I remember correctly, he left the scene of the accident and she was found a few days later.

Most people just assumed it was her father or a close family member.

Murdaugh is an accident attorney, but his father was a top prosecuter in the state. So the family had lots of connections on that side and most people assumed the son would get a slap on the wrist if anything like most wealthy connected people do in this state.
And, his grandfather was a top prosecutor before the father had the position so his ties to the political powerful go way back.

First question for me is how much insurance on the wife?
Did the wife find out the husband was stealing money? Guys like that tend to have girl friends.

True, first thought was that the girl's family handled it. But just seems to easy.

Do we know what the grandpa died of?

Didn't Shark Tank Kevin O'Leary do something similar?

He was accused of it by the family. From what I know, I think he just had a really aggressive PR campaign to get their side of the story out. Nothing he said seemed to affect the police investigation from my knowledge. And it was essentially "my wife wasnt drunk" when it happened.

In this case, it wasn't just some rich guy doing a bunch of PR about his wife not being drunk.

It was a family with 100 years of extremely close ties to the prosecutors office and police force who were investigating the crime. Trying to use their influence to pin it on someone they knew was innocent. So much so that it caused a months long investigation into this innocent person. Along with doing serious harm to that persons reputation in that very small community they live in. Oh, and it was his sons long time friend.... just to make it even worse from a moral standpoint...

He was accused of it by the family. From what I know, I think he just had a really aggressive PR campaign to get their side of the story out. Nothing he said seemed to affect the police investigation from my knowledge. And it was essentially "my wife wasnt drunk" when it happened.

In this case, it wasn't just some rich guy doing a bunch of PR about his wife not being drunk.

It was a family with 100 years of extremely close ties to the prosecutors office and police force who were investigating the crime. Trying to use their influence to pin it on someone they knew was innocent. So much so that it caused a months long investigation into this innocent person. Along with doing serious harm to that persons reputation in that very small community they live in. Oh, and it was his sons long time friend.... just to make it even worse from a moral standpoint...
The wife was aquitted last week.

Alex Murdaugh coordinated with former housekeeper's family to sue himself for insurance money and then took $3 million, affidavits say - CNN

According to the affidavits released Saturday by the South Carolina Enforcement Division (SLED), "Mr. Murdaugh coordinated with (Gloria) Satterfield's family to sue himself in order to seek an insurance settlement with the stated intent to give the proceeds to the Satterfield family to pay for funeral expenses and monetary compensation for Satterfield's children." Murdaugh deposited more than nearly $3 million into an account he owned, the affidavits said.

Back