All WBE's Just Got Killed by FFM

I don't know that this is exactly that bad. I can do a start to finish app on exchange in 15 minutes. I have found several 2016 apps auto started without my information, and nobody knows what is going to happen with duplicate applications, ie.. one from wbe and one auto generated from Healthcare.gov. The extra couple of minutes touching the auto generated app could be a problem saver in the long run.

I don't know that this is exactly that bad. I can do a start to finish app on exchange in 15 minutes. I have found several 2016 apps auto started without my information, and nobody knows what is going to happen with duplicate applications, ie.. one from wbe and one auto generated from Healthcare.gov. The extra couple of minutes touching the auto generated app could be a problem saver in the long run.

Rugerred, do you go through the hc.gov front door, and create an account for a new client (or access the account with login and password for the returning client)? Or do you use a WBE to access hc.gov?

I've used WBE's for those short-on-time, identity problem, or short-timer types and then during the year set up a h.gov account when the madness stops. For short on time types: That is either they walk in or call in, I quote, they agree, we're done. For identity types, well we stay on the WBE for each year so far. For short timers, they aren't worth the time it takes to set up a h.gov account, two-ten months before Medicare or employer coverage, perfect for WBE usage.

Fam-damlies with 3-6 kids, not having to click through income and family dynamic question for a whole family is nice on WBE, those will stay on H.Sherpa.

Single no kids and married no kid types are just as easy to renew on h.gov as on h.sherpa. After the initial set up work the year to year renewal process for these types is just as quick on h.gov as on h.sherpa. That and access to their 1095 and other maintenance work throughout the year is easier when they have a real account.

Rugerred, do you go through the hc.gov front door, and create an account for a new client (or access the account with login and password for the returning client)? Or do you use a WBE to access hc.gov?

I go through the front door and create an account. It might take a little longer but nothing tragic at least for me. I have a heath Sherpa account for several carriers and I do have an aca express account. I just feel better with them having an account and being able to access everything that healthcare.gov might do.

Thank you SO much for ALL of the feedback & details, guys!!!

I, too, feel BETTER when they have an account at HC.gov.
But, it's just SUCH a hassle to get it set up.
People get SO frustrated with it!

I think I'll get set up with one of the Re-Direct WBEs....to be safe.
Since I haven't seen ANY complaints about ANY of them, I guess they are all satisfactory.

I WISH I could exit the On-Exchange business, but I have too many clients that I simply can't "abandon".
I'll just stay in this frying pan till I'm burned up, I guess.

Looks like some didn't play by the rules, and are getting a slap on the wrist.
More rules, more oversight, so HC.gov reps can keep an eye on us.

A comparison of the new update with a version of the manual released in October 2015 shows that the insurance oversight office wants to improve the ability of HealthCare.gov customer service reps and others to figure out whether a consumer got exchange or exchange plan information from the website of a particular Web broker entity.

HealthCare.gov wants Web brokers' names on all printout pages | LifeHealthPro

https://www.regtap.info/reg_librarye.php?i=1718

Last edited:
You have a right to remain silent. If you waive your right, anything you say, post, ascribe, or even think about can be held against you.

Do you understand your rights?

You have a right to remain silent. If you waive your right, anything you say, post, ascribe, or even think about can be held against you. Do you understand your rights?

I've always been fond of:

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Back