AllState does not want to pay for my rental after a no fault accident

maseo56

I was rear ended while at a red light las week..(lucky me huh..lol) the other driver smashed in the entire passenger rear side of my 2010 toyota tundra..the repairs are going to be costly and its going to take forever to fix...the allstate adjuster that was appointed to this claim says allstate does not do direct billing only reimbursements..soo my questions is how do i get them to do the direct billing? i mean i dont have the extra cash to pay for a rental right now and its their responsibility. I have no vehicle or way to get to work I just dont see what the issue would be in them doing their job.....really frustrating....any advice would be much appreciated....should i seek legal action i mean im pretty much being ignored by the adjuster.....in good hands my arse!

Is the other drivers policy covering the claim? Do you have rental coverage on your own policy for the damaged vehicle? Allstate usually uses Enterprise and I have NEVER had to pay Enterprise on a covered claim

If you don’t have car Rental on your own policy they won’t pay for a car rental. In your situation I would go through the other parties insurance company and they should cover it. The only issue with going through the other parties insurance is it sometimes takes a little longer.

.the allstate adjuster that was appointed to this claim says allstate does not do direct billing only reimbursements..soo my questions is how do i get them to do the direct billing?

You don't.

Get a letter from the repair shop as to how long the repairs might take.

Get a written estimate from the car rental company as to the cost for that amount of time.

Submit both and ask for the money.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to figure out another way to pay for a rental. Use a credit card. Or figure out another way to get to work cause losing your job over it is not going to be part of your claim.

In your situation I would go through the other parties insurance company and they should cover it.

He's already going through the other driver's insurance and the other driver's insurance will cover the rental on a reimbursement basis.

thanks for the help..yea they pushed out my vehicle inspection until dec 16 soo im not
sure if ill be able to get a rental after the estimate from allstate. I just like i said dont know why they make this soo hard. I even had to pay the tow out of pocket soo im out pretty big. the adjuster always just gives me the cold shoulder and doesnt return my calls after setting up the shop inspections. I was able to get a loaner however i am in construction soo I need a truck... I mean insurance companies have to do one damn thing....allstate should definitly change there moto........

another question: soo after the estimate will the check or payment for total loss be issued to me or will they just pay the shop directly? i try and call the adjuster but she never returns my call not very helpfull at all....

Your replies get curiouser and curiouser with each entry. Rental coverage on your own policy is $X per day generally not to exceed 30 days and you stated that you need a truck. If you are going through the other person's carrier they should be setting up the rental for you with whichever rental company they are using. There may not be a rental truck available.
If your vehicle is a total loss the payment goes to you and any lienholder. the repair shop is paid directly if it is a total loss for their time in teardown and estimate which does not affect your settlement. If they repair the truck, they are paid directly by the carrier for their repair bill. You get your covered loss (rental if they dig in and don't pay direct) any pain and suffering. So Go to your physician and get checked out and follow every directive he/she gives you

Back