Allstate Vs Erie

I'm about 15 or 20 miles from the agency I work at now. My DSM told me to sell 100-150k, well I've sold 225k this year without leads.

Last edited:
If you have to, join a cluster and go INDY. I would not do Allstate.

Last edited:
I second Xrac, if Erie won't give you your own appointment, you can consider joining a cluster group to help get the standard carriers. The non standards you should have no problem getting them on your own.

I'm an Allstate LSP, and knowing what I have seen in the past year and a half, I would never go with Allstate unless I was purchasing a large book of business.

A producer getting an Erie appointment is always a sticky situation. You'll have to continue talks with your DSM, if you're looking for an appointment in their area, or maybe consider another area. It's easy to understand that your current employer doesn't want to compete with you, especially after training you.

I do think the suggestion to go with a cluster such as SIAA would be a good option if you can't get Erie. Have you thought about approaching your employer about ways to grow the agency that would benefit you both? Another location? Just a thought.

A producer getting an Erie appointment is always a sticky situation. You'll have to continue talks with your DSM, if you're looking for an appointment in their area, or maybe consider another area. It's easy to understand that your current employer doesn't want to compete with you, especially after training you. I do think the suggestion to go with a cluster such as SIAA would be a good option if you can't get Erie. Have you thought about approaching your employer about ways to grow the agency that would benefit you both? Another location? Just a thought.

What state are you in?

It took me a long time to get appointed with Erie so keep pursuing.

As a an individual who worked as an Allstate producer and recently interviewed with Erie to start a scratch agency, I too would choose Erie. From what I have researched Erie is more competitive not only in commericial but even some personal lines as well. I believe Erie s comission is higher (after you are no longer on their subsidy) Yes Allstate has higher name recognition but you pay a price for that in reduced comissions plus more stringent underwriting guidelines. With Erie there's the chance to maybe add some other standard carriers down the road - never with Allstate!

Well this is interesting. I happen to be the owner and agent of the agency Ben works for. I am not going to lower myself to even respond to the untruths of every degrading and slandering thing that Ben has said about me, our DSM or my agency which is highly successful by the way. I will take the high road. However, I will say that Ben this is a lesson to not use social media as an outlet to put others down to puff yourself up.
I do agree with everyone that Erie is an amazing company and I am so thankful to be an agent with them. It looks like you made your own decision Ben...good luck with Allstate I guess!

Well this is interesting. I happen to be the owner and agent of the agency Ben works for. I am not going to lower myself to even respond to the untruths of every degrading and slandering thing that Ben has said about me, our DSM or my agency which is highly successful by the way. I will take the high road. However, I will say that Ben this is a lesson to not use social media as an outlet to put others down to puff yourself up.
I do agree with everyone that Erie is an amazing company and I am so thankful to be an agent with them. It looks like you made your own decision Ben...good luck with Allstate I guess!

It is not the smartest thing in the world to come onto a forum and create and ID that gives away who you are. Rick at Topgunproducers always stressed antonomity and here is a prime illustration as to why. Wow that was too easy to figure out!

Franklin Meet Our Staff | Eric Stewart's Insurance Agency | Insuring All of Tennessee

Not the smartest thing someone can do.

Well this is interesting. I happen to be the owner and agent of the agency Ben works for. I am not going to lower myself to even respond to the untruths of every degrading and slandering thing that Ben has said about me, our DSM or my agency which is highly successful by the way. I will take the high road. However, I will say that Ben this is a lesson to not use social media as an outlet to put others down to puff yourself up. I do agree with everyone that Erie is an amazing company and I am so thankful to be an agent with them. It looks like you made your own decision Ben...good luck with Allstate I guess!

This may be an awkward Monday morning.

Eric I like your Erie related website. I see you started with them around the same time I did. How did you go about hiring staff so early on?

I agree Erie is a great company.

Back