Alternatives to CEA

chithi

So the CEA policy I have had its premium bumped up 20% this year again. Are there other insurers that are competitive in CA for earthquake insurance?

i looked at the geovera quoting tool and not only does it only offer a 20% deductible (while CEA is at 15%), it is almost double the premium.

Thanks,
/c

So the CEA policy I have had its premium bumped up 20% this year again. Are there other insurers that are competitive in CA for earthquake insurance?

i looked at the geovera quoting tool and not only does it only offer a 20% deductible (while CEA is at 15%), it is almost double the premium.

Thanks,
/c

Arrowhead has a nice product .. goes down to a 10% deductible and offers some bells andi whistles for swimming pool coverage

Not familiar with the Arrowhead product, we use GeoVera and have no trouble getting a 10 percent deductible from them. Perhaps it's not available in your area. what I like about their comprehensive product is the blanket limit of coverage. without extended replacement cost, I fear that the replacement cost estimates will be insufficient following a major catastrophe. Their blanket limit can allow for more money to replace the home, though perhaps at the expense of personal property, loss of use, etc..

please forgive the sloppiness of my post, I'm doing this on my phone and I am too lazy to go back and correct all the errors.

Last edited:
Arrowhead has two companies to write the quake, QBE and Universal North America. Both are copy cat filings and offer the same coverage. Their pricing, however, will depend on the zip code (location).

If you want more information, I'd be happy to talk with you. Please PM me and I will send you my contact information.

Back