American General UL Questions?

The continul extend has a no lapse guarantee, as stated in the illustration.

The illustration is the most important legal doc concerning uls' and is a simple tool for understanding their cash value and reduction.

AG's continul extend is very hard to beat, due to the tables are scaled at 15%. WCL, even if they approved it at the same table, would be slightly higher.

WCL's standard rate would be $3200/year versus $4400/year on the AG ContinUL Extend, so it would still likely be significantly cheaper when multiplied out by the table ratings. Still, they'd probably be better off with the term insurance and pocketing the difference since the death benefit would be paid up in 15 years anyway. The WCL 15-year standard rate is $2361/year, which would save him somewhere around $2k/year. American General's 15-year rate is $2918 at standard.

WCL's standard rate would be $3200/year versus $4400/year on the AG ContinUL Extend, so it would still likely be significantly cheaper when multiplied out by the table ratings. Still, they'd probably be better off with the term insurance and pocketing the difference since the death benefit would be paid up in 15 years anyway. The WCL 15-year standard rate is $2361/year, which would save him somewhere around $2k/year. American General's 15-year rate is $2918 at standard.

Go up 6 tables and let me know what you get.

Go up 6 tables and let me know what you get.

Compulife doesn't allow for table rating calculations, but if I use 17% for WCL and 15% for AG, I'd come out with the following:

UL: West Coast Life = $6471, AG = $8,418
15-year: West Coast = $4769, AG = $5,534

Aside from that, I still wouldn't be selling any American General products right now....but that's just me.

Compulife doesn't allow for table rating calculations, but if I use 17% for WCL and 15% for AG, I'd come out with the following:

UL: West Coast Life = $6471, AG = $8,418
15-year: West Coast = $4769, AG = $5,534

Aside from that, I still wouldn't be selling any American General products right now....but that's just me.

Look, I really don't want to argue, I was just giving some input, but you would be wrong.

The lifetime Platinum III is about 5% higher annually than the continul extend, and these are comparable products.

The numbers that you threw up their for WCL and AG are both wrong for a no lapse guarantee premium. AG is $7321 annually on the continul extend and wcl is $7845 on the lifetime platinum III 5/09.

I don't know which product you used for the wcl premium, but some require a lump sum, depending on your state, did you factor that in?

Again, I have no idea why you are challenging me, you can run the quotes yourself.

Last edited:
Look, I really don't want to argue, I was just giving some input, but you would be wrong.

The lifetime Platinum III is about 5% higher annually than the continul extend, and these are comparable products.

I really don't know why you want to debate this with me, you are out of your league.

Thank you.

You are correct, my mistake....I was looking at the premium for the ContinUL Extend Plus, which is a different product. I'm not sure why Compulife has three different listings for AG products now.

The base premium for the regular ContinUL Extend shows at $3,459, so your WCL higher by 5% looks to be right on. Personally, I'd still pay the extra 5%....but given those rates, you're probably right, AG would be tough to beat on price if none of the companies can offer better than a Table 6 rating.

I guess the question would be whether he was sold the ContinUL Extend or something else that's not guaranteed. Until he finds out what the guy has, there's not really anything that can be done anyway.

Edit - the numbers I calculated for WCL were just based off of 17% table increases. I didn't run the software itself. I'm sure the numbers you came up with are correct if they came straight from the software.

Last edited:
Looks like the ContinUL Extend Plus is the new product and the regular ContinUL Extend can no longer be sold as of July 28th. If that's the case, American General just jacked up their premiums 25%....

Looks like the ContinUL Extend Plus is the new product and the regular ContinUL Extend can no longer be sold as of July 28th. If that's the case, American General just jacked up their premiums 25%....

That's because they have loans to pay back!

AIG also just sold off their life insurance premium financing division, A.I credit to First Insurance Funding Corp.

Back