AmeriLife Issues (and other FMO accountability)

Sarah462

Hello to everyone, I have already gone through the numerous threads discussing various problems with AmeriLife (particularly agent release) and while it was comforting to find I wasn’t the only one encountering so many problems, I still have some questions.

Are FMOs accountable to the same rules/regs from CMS or state dpt of insurance? Or because they only use agents as independent contractors, does the liability fall only on the agent?

Wondering because my location especially was quite lax in leaving PHI laying around, not providing scope of appointment for Medicare discussions, among many other issues.

Last, I’m fighting negative bond charges now with said company and am curious to know if anyone else has been successful in doing so. Seeing as there is no record or paper trail of termination, I’m not sure how they can charge me for fees during months I wasn’t present.

Thanks.

Hello to everyone, I have already gone through the numerous threads discussing various problems with AmeriLife (particularly agent release) and while it was comforting to find I wasn’t the only one encountering so many problems, I still have some questions.

Are FMOs accountable to the same rules/regs from CMS or state dpt of insurance? Or because they only use agents as independent contractors, does the liability fall only on the agent?

Wondering because my location especially was quite lax in leaving PHI laying around, not providing scope of appointment for Medicare discussions, among many other issues.

Last, I’m fighting negative bond charges now with said company and am curious to know if anyone else has been successful in doing so. Seeing as there is no record or paper trail of termination, I’m not sure how they can charge me for fees during months I wasn’t present.

Thanks.

The FMO is in business to guide you and keep you "in the know". Releases can be tricky and are often determined by more than your request. Most FMOs work together offering reciprocal releases.
I have no experience with fighting negative bond charges, best of luck with that!
Not providing SOA for MAPD or PDP is a huge issue & I would not want any part of an organization not following this rule! Same goes for a lack of protecting a client's personal information. If you're still working with this organization - I would move on!

Back