Ancillary Benefits--Top producer best practices

Dakdave

Would appreciate some info from the successful in selling Accident, Critical Illness and hospital in the Individual market. Thank you.

Let me expand upon my post;
Which works better for marketing: door knocking,social media, workshops...
Product design: Pool of money(lump sum), schedule of benefits
Sales approach: one product at a time, bundling
Sales story: cover deductable & co-pays, replace other funds(wages, savings), fear

These are some of my questions. Thanks to those who respond it will help me and I am sure many others.

Let me expand upon my post;
Which works better for marketing: door knocking,social media, workshops...
Product design: Pool of money(lump sum), schedule of benefits
Sales approach: one product at a time, bundling
Sales story: cover deductable & co-pays, replace other funds(wages, savings), fear

These are some of my questions. Thanks to those who respond it will help me and I am sure many others.

Of the things you listed, door knocking (either f2c or f2b) seems to have worked best for the agents I know.

As far as product type, it is a matter of personal opinion. For cancer, I prefer a strong schedule of benefits with a lump sum paid up front.

I prefer to keep it simple and propose one product at a time but I know agents that do very well bundling. However, most of those are selling hospital indemnity plan and adding other coverages to make up some of the shortcomings of that plan.

My presentation is always focused on insurance shortfalls along with income loss and the fact that their monthly bills are going to continue.

What companies are you using?

Of the things you listed, door knocking (either f2c or f2b) seems to have worked best for the agents I know.

As far as product type, it is a matter of personal opinion. For cancer, I prefer a strong schedule of benefits with a lump sum paid up front.

I prefer to keep it simple and propose one product at a time but I know agents that do very well bundling. However, most of those are selling hospital indemnity plan and adding other coverages to make up some of the shortcomings of that plan.

My presentation is always focused on insurance shortfalls along with income loss and the fact that their monthly bills are going to continue.

What companies are you using?
Manhattan,lifesecure,Kemper(MedMutual Protect) Thank you the information!

Manhattan,lifesecure,Kemper(MedMutual Protect) Thank you the information!
For cancer under age 65, I prefer Manhattan's CP4000. Strongest IMMUNOTHERAPY benefit I have seen and almost all major treatment advances are occurring in the area. Plus, it pays full policy benefits for the Dread Diseases where most companies that have it just pay a daily hospital benefit. Since IMUNO is being used to treat some of the DD such as Lupus, Manhattan will pay benefits where most companies offer no coverage on the cancer policies.

While it's not directed to individual products, there is a good informational group on Facebook. Go to the Facebook Group "Benefits Enrollers" where we discuss all things related to workplace benefits and benefits enrolling. There are over 3,000 members in the group. You can pull up information about products and selling pointers.

Back