Annuity Direct Mail

Looking at all the different marketing methods for annuities, the most popular direct mail angle would be reducing social security taxes and rmd's.

Which would be the more fruitful angle to pursue for direct mail?
Thank you,

I'll be very happy for you if I'm proven wrong but this won't work.

People who understand RMDs and the taxation of their social security do not normally return direct mail.

Seminars, networking, cross selling, and referrals are the proven annuity prospecting methods.

I'll be very happy for you if I'm proven wrong but this won't work.

People who understand RMDs and the taxation of their social security do not normally return direct mail.

Seminars, networking, cross selling, and referrals are the proven annuity prospecting methods.

I would agree with Ray on this one, my FMO bought me a 1000 piece social security mailer after I turned in a good life case with them and I told them to just send me the cash next time. I wrote a couple of MA plans and set a couple of appointments that stood me up, so it was a break even dollar wise, but an actcual loss factoring in time. I will follow that up by saying that working leads is not my thing anymore, so I am sure that other producers would have had more success.

----------

I figured social security seminars would be the viable alternative.

Social Security seminars have been a decent way to get in front of people, I do the planning for my customers but have only done one seminar that turned up a small $40k MYGA that was sitting around in a CD. The seminar was put on by a trade association, so it was well worth my time to show up, speak, and write a small deal without any other responsibility, and still get my name out there. If I would have paid for mailers,and spent the time to coordinate the entire event it would have been a loss.

I really think that Social Security seminars are going to peak out this year, I added social security planning about a year ago, and in that time I have seen more and more agents and advisers pick it up which will eventually flood the market.

Thank you for the responses, I feared that annuity prospects don't really send in mailers for them, but maybe for ltci and med supps, ahhh the veritable cross-sell strategy.

I got an interesting call from a marketer a few days ago that is pushing SOFA (Society of Financial Awareness) membership. The way it was described to me they are a non profit that will book seminars with businesses for $400 a pop. My marketing is running smooth a the moment but it did seem worth a second look that may align with what you are trying to do.

I got 2% reply from Kramer Direct on their 'reducing taxes on SSB mailer' out of 5,000. So they do send them in. Unfortunately I got sidetracked with other more pertinent things and couldn't work them, so I don't have Close/Lead ratio's. I'm curious myself. If things get slow I'll perhaps knock the doors, but the window to call them has passed. There's a few other threads of people doing well with the SSB mailer from a few years ago. (I believe)

I got 2% reply from Kramer Direct on their 'reducing taxes on SSB mailer' out of 5,000. So they do send them in. Unfortunately I got sidetracked with other more pertinent things and couldn't work them, so I don't have Close/Lead ratio's. I'm curious myself. If things get slow I'll perhaps knock the doors, but the window to call them has passed. There's a few other threads of people doing well with the SSB mailer from a few years ago. (I believe)
what is the hook re SSB?

Saving taxes on your benefits. Long story short, take out your investments creating taxable gains(CDs ) put in an annuity

----------

* social security benefits

Latest posts

Back