Another Feature of Obamacare

Re: Another Feature of Obamacrap

A cool feature of ObamaCrap being so huge and unwieldy is the omission of verification mechanisms. Believe it or not, I learned this in my State of Illinois Insurance Ethics class last year!
:D

@Mary

I think you meant this for another post.

No; I intended this for this post .... the reason that he owes 'more' may also be because subsidies continue to be paid even after the person has taken a full-time position with a company and has group coverage. There are many discrepancies with what has actually been paid because MP is not terminating the coverage in a timely manner even when requested.

It's all broke.

No; I intended this for this post .... the reason that he owes 'more' may also be because subsidies continue to be paid even after the person has taken a full-time position with a company and has group coverage. There are many discrepancies with what has actually been paid because MP is not terminating the coverage in a timely manner even when requested.

It's all broke.

Agreed, completely broken. If subsidies continued to be paid in 14 then it would have been seen on the 1095 tax form from the MP. I've also generally had Tax prepers make mistakes not understanding what the rules actually are.

The reply was similar to another post you're currently active in. My apologies.

A cool feature of ObamaCrap being so huge and unwieldy is the omission of verification mechanisms. Believe it or not, I learned this in my State of Illinois Insurance Ethics class last year!
:D
Why is this any different ? You can't be surprised! Previous independent audits have indicated little or no income,assets or estate value verifications in other (medicare b,d-medicaid nursing home care-non service related veterans healthcare-farm subsidies-federal flood insurance)government hand out programs. When middle and upper class folks (I know who work soooooo hard not like the illegal aliens and deadbeat takers) take the gov welfare no one seems to get pissed off or even notice. Sounds like partisan selective outrage to me.

The best unintended (maybe) feature of ACA is the potential separation of brokers from their clients each time one of them calls into the Marketplace; I don't think it's every Marketplace CSR that does this because I've had a couple ask me for my NPN during a 3 way call but I'm guessing that anytime there is a call without a broker on the phone it's even money that the existing broker will be gone by the end of the call.

The best unintended (maybe) feature of ACA is the potential separation of brokers from their clients each time one of them calls into the Marketplace; I don't think it's every Marketplace CSR that does this because I've had a couple ask me for my NPN during a 3 way call but I'm guessing that anytime there is a call without a broker on the phone it's even money that the existing broker will be gone by the end of the call.

Thankfully, our BCBS-IL (92% marketshare) automatically reconnects the agent to the policy after HC.gov strips his/her NPN. Our Land of Lincoln cooperative makes no such effort. You have to e-mail them to be reconnected. I'm glad only a very few clients are with LOL.

Thankfully, our BCBS-IL (92% marketshare) automatically reconnects the agent to the policy after HC.gov strips his/her NPN. Our Land of Lincoln cooperative makes no such effort. You have to e-mail them to be reconnected. I'm glad only a very few clients are with LOL.

You have clients with Laugh Out Loud? :biggrin:

You have clients with Laugh Out Loud? :biggrin:

I'm presuming "Land of Lincoln"

I had a broker that kept making cow noises. "do you have the new rates for mooooooo?" "Did you see that new rider from moooooo?"

Mutual of Omaha... Thankfully I put 2 and 2 together before I had to ask him why he was mooing.

Back