Another Question for the FE Pros...

I have a newb question... I have seen couple of times in the forums that some companies pay 100+ % commission. How do they do that? What am I missing?

jdoz said:
I have a newb question... I have seen couple of times in the forums that some companies pay 100+ % commission. How do they do that? What am I missing?

It's only 105% to 120% for the 1st year, not every year. They make plenty of money starting in year two.

It's only 105% to 120% for the 1st year, not every year. They make plenty of money starting in year two.

Thanks, I wondered if that was the case. So what do the years 2+ rates generally look like? Yeah sorry if these questions have been answered ad nausea already. I did do a forum and Google search prior to asking but I may have overlooked something. I do appreciate the reply though, that question has been bugging me for a few days. Thanks again.

jdoz said:
Thanks, I wondered if that was the case. So what do the years 2+ rates generally look like? Yeah sorry if these questions have been answered ad nausea already. I did do a forum and Google search prior to asking but I may have overlooked something. I do appreciate the reply though, that question has been bugging me for a few days. Thanks again.

Ideally your renewals over 10-years should be around 8% or 72% total over years 2-10.

More and more companies are bumping 1st year and lowering renewals way down. That is good for the company but terrible for the agents who spend the 1st year and depend on the renewals to build their business. Many companies now pay very little for years 6-10.

Back