Anthem MA Comp for AEP

Ouch. I don't care who it is, I am not assigning commissions. Most people only have good things to say about Ritter, but I'd rather be paid direct.

Ouch. I don't care who it is, I am not assigning commissions. Most people only have good things to say about Ritter, but I'd rather be paid direct.

I don't ever assign commissions either so I don't know how it happened. I know I would remember signing that page. No biggie at this point though because they have always paid, I wouldn't do it again though.

ever sold life insurance?

No.

What is life insurance...?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So has anyone received any mapd commission from them? Mine goes through Ritter so I won't know until they get around to paying me sometime next week.

Got paid today, two checks, as the two states I write in are split for some reason. Supposed to have been direct deposit but they can't seem to get that straight either.

Direct deposit comm payments were processed on 2/7 and supposed to have hit the accts on 2/9; which is yesterday, one day ahead of hard copy check payments.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We can go direct too. I don't remember why I went through them. I didn't realize I was assigning my commissions either until I started getting paid. I don't write much anthem so it isn't a big deal at this moment.

You no doubt assigned comm's because you start out at 15 pts on med supps, compared to if you go direct you start about 12 pts. After submitting 5 cases if direct, you get an increase, and another increase after 25 cases. (this is from memory, and not certain on the case counts mentioned above). With the 25 case count you can make a 20% higher commish than you do if comm's are assigned. Also, with the FMO brokerage deal with Anthem, the FMO owns the business, not you. Of course in a Ritter environment you are going to get paid no matter what... but they technically own those accts, not you. Or, if an FMO ever encountered a financial meltdown, their creditors could own those same accts. Just sayin....... :err:

Last edited:
Just rec'd the MA comp statements for review from Anthem for the AEP business.

All true ups paid at renewal rate. CMS must confirm to them if it is a true up and once confirmed, then they will pay the other half of comp; excpected to be March 6th statement... maybe!!! As if this info wasn't known on Dec 8th, the day following the close of AEP.

Also, missing a half dozen cases completely. So I wonder how long that will take to track those down...?

Wondering if an agent can afford to conduct business in this manner...? Work in Oct-Nov, get paid in March; maybe!!! A hell-of-a-deal. I guess it is just like money in the bank. NOT.

Who else has experienced similar activity with their Anthem comp for AEP...? :1mad::nah::1baffled:
yes I am in that boat with you. As well the new "AOR" are not to found yet in my pipeline, and when they do surface, I was told they will be paid as renewals, 13 months later,

Arent there labor laws about this sort of stuff?

Still waiting on Ritter to pay me. They are suppose to pay out on the 10th which was Sat, so I expected it by Tuesday at the latest. They send out an email before it's deposited and I still haven't received one of those yet. It is bad enough that I have to wait on Anthem, now I have to wait on Ritter to take the time out to send my commission.

Still waiting on Ritter to pay me. They are suppose to pay out on the 10th which was Sat, so I expected it by Tuesday at the latest. They send out an email before it's deposited and I still haven't received one of those yet. It is bad enough that I have to wait on Anthem, now I have to wait on Ritter to take the time out to send my commission.

If you are waiting on any MA comm's, then after Ritter pays you, you can then fight with Ritter and Anthem about the cases that they DIDN'T pay you for. We all know that most of these large ins cos have their administrative issues from time to time, but Anthem is beyond re-dik-u-lus. If they can't get this straight, how in the world can they administrate the claims associated with these MA plans that we have placed these folks into...?

I don't think I have had any problems with getting paid on cases, it's just a matter of............when............
S-A-I:

We were delayed this run due to the volume, but we were working over the weekend and until midnight last night to get this one wrapped. We finished around noon today, so commissions were deposited earlier today and should be available today or tomorrow. I apologize for the delay.

I agree with you about A/C and I don't like touching agent's commissions.

On the MA side, we do some work behind the scenes to try and make sure when commissions do arrive, they are correct. For example, we log all apps and post submissions to our website for each agent. Then, we get a daily log of enrollment data from Anthem and cross this against our submissions file and clean up errors in AOR with their enrollment team before commissions cycle (there are a fair number of these each week). We also match up submission data against Anthem's enrollment feed for "fall out" and chase these down as well on the front end.

Unfortunately, we don't get the same data feeds back from Anthem on the Med Supp side, so it's harder to be proactive with this business.

We do end up chasing a fair bit of commissions on the back end with Anthem, as well. I have a couple people dedicated to working with Anthem on these.

Maybe this helps and I do appreciate the business!

Back