Anthem reports fourth quarter and full year 2015 results

They still made money on exchange plans, but less than before:

"Despite the lagging membership growth, Anthem is still turning a profit on the exchange plans, Chief financial officer Wayne DeVeydt said on the call. However, the exchange margins are running below Anthem's 3% to 5% goal."

So they make $1.00 net profit and people call that a success?

I used to side with the health insurers.. Now I'm rooting for Bernie Sanders to put them out of business..
You are a sick individual. Look at his tax plan and tell me how you like his middle class tax hike. It cuts after tax pay -12.4% It shrinks the GDP and causes 6 million jobs to be lost. Google tax foundation for better information

NO.. I AM NOT KIDDING. The S.O.B.'s started cutting our commissions even before the ink dried on the Affordable Care Act! (Go back and read the old posts from 2010). With the exception of BCBS-IL, every health insurer I've been affiliated with, has continued to regularly trim back commissions further and further from 2010 to today. I was totally appalled after pulling up United Healthcare's latest commission contract and seeing a sea of 0% commission rates for almost every state in the union. As CadyLou pointed out earlier today in this thread, Anthem is promising shareholders that they'll help preserve their share values and dividends by cutting back even further on Agent commissions. I prefer TrumpCare...where the old system returns for the healthy and a high-risk pool is instituted for the unhealthy. But after experiencing how health insurers kick agents to the curb before trimming other costs, a large part of me now wants to see them, their shareholders and board of directors, put out to pasture. The employees will easily get better paying, less stressful jobs elsewhere. -ac

So you want BernieCare because agent's commissions have been cut? Yeah, that will show those insurance companies. And those hundreds of thousands of employees who will lose their jobs and homes. And let's not forget the few hundred million Americans who will now be paying higher taxes and have their quality of care eroded.

I'm not sure you're really thinking this through. But then again, you did vote for Obama, right?

Latest posts

Back