Any Carrier that doesn't check MVR

I have someone needing a min. of 100k term. 29 years old, in great health but was declined by Lincoln & Protective due to MVR slightly over a year ago. (3 or moving traffic violations in 1yr including reckless driving that was not DUI/DWI related). Wants to re-apply Anyone aware of a carrier that bypasses MVR? He doesn't have a ticket in last 12 months

Thanks in advance

The recent decline is going to hurt just as much as an MVR check but your best bet is to speak with an underwriter before submitting the app. Your client may have to pay additional premium for a period of time to keep them happy while he keeps his nose clean

Wants to re-apply Anyone aware of a carrier that bypasses MVR?

You're looking for a carrier that will write the policy despite the driving record. Even if the underwriter doesn't obtain the MVR the applicant will still have to admit to the citations if the questions are asked on the application. If he conceals the record he risks having the claim denied and the policy rescinded if he happens to die within the two year contestability period.

The fact that you are trying to, or willing to, circumvent information that you are aware of is troubling. Think about what you are doing/asking. Be honest with the client about his chances, be honest with yourself about your duty.

The fact that you are trying to, or willing to, circumvent information that you are aware of is troubling. Think about what you are doing/asking. Be honest with the client about his chances, be honest with yourself about your duty.
I didnt take the post that way. the OP didnt say "do I have to disclose a clients MVR record". OP is basically asking if there are any carriers out their with underwriting standards that are more liberal in regard to driving violations.

depending on when the tickets are, some carriers have mortality credit programs around driving violations. For instance, Minnesota Life allows Standard Plus rate if no DUI/reckless in last 33 months and no more than 2 moving violations in last 21 months. So, depending on the dates of these violations, the client may be eligible or getting close to being eligible.

I would suggest you have him get you an actual copy of his MVR so you can see the conviction (fine paid) dates & submit that to some underwriters to see who might look at it & also reach out to a hard to place IMO that might have some more expertise on it

PS-- assuming client was honest with you. if they lied to you about their record & it was later discovered, I would move on & tell them to search for it on the internet themself

I was able to bind a policy for someone on parole because I spoke with the underwriter prior to submission of the application. He HAD to have a policy per a divorce decree, He HAD served his time AND had a reckless on his MVR. He paid an extra $10 per Thousand (I think) of Life coverage which would be reduced after 5 years of premium payments.

Back