Any One Know when We Can Start Signing Up Clients for New SEP

jefflange

Super Genius
Ohio
Any idea when we can start signing up clients under the new SEP March-15th through April-30th?

I was on the phone with the FMM marketplace this morning regarding another issue and the marketplace rep had no idea regarding this. Not even sure they knew about the new SEP generated by CMS :goofy:

It seems you answered your own question. March 15th is first day you can write a policy for this new SEP. I hope you didn't think you could get a 3/15 effective date.

Ya that would not make much sense. SEP starts March-15 so any applications we write on the 15th get a April 1st effective date. Write it on the 16th and get a May-1st effective date.

or:

SEP effective date would start the 1st of the month following the application date. So any application taken between March-15th to March-31st would receive a 4-1-2015 starting date?

The email for CMS says...
"If a consumer enrolls in coverage before the 15th of the month, coverage will be effective on the first day of the following month."

Oh, and they still get the prorated penalty for 2015 coverage. That will be fun to explain.

It doesn't look like it will be a lot of people. Most are covered at work. CMS is estimating 2-4% will get the penalty and are not eligible for an exception.

----
AllenChicago - I believe that SEP ended on 2/22/15. From another CMS email:
"The SEP will start on February 16, 2015, and end on February 22, 2015." Aren't you all reading each and every email CMS is sending out? ;)

Latest posts

Back