Any Way to Move Written Business to Another Upline?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I wrote a ton of MA business last AEP who really did nothing for me, except shuck and jive while they laughed all the way to the bank. It was the "perfect storm" confluence of having so many members of poor-benefit plans that had to be moved to another MA plan. I am now with another Upline who really does work wth me to develop business. I'd like to move my old business over to them , other than changing their MA, so THAT they could at least reap some of that benefit. Is this possible?

I wrote a ton of MA business last AEP who really did nothing for me, except shuck and jive while they laughed all the way to the bank. It was the "perfect storm" confluence of having so many members of poor-benefit plans that had to be moved to another MA plan. I am now with another Upline who really does work wth me to develop business. I'd like to move my old business over to them , other than changing their MA, so THAT they could at least reap some of that benefit. Is this possible?

Nope, no way to do that. You would have to rewrite the business for that to happen.

That firm you're looking to move from sounds like Parker and Associates in Meridian, Miss..
Bro, I feel your pain. Good luck!

That firm you're looking to move from sounds like Parker and Associates in Meridian, Miss.. Bro, I feel your pain. Good luck!

No, it's Golden Outlook. They pay me for the business that I wrote, but nothing else. I had to beg for 2 crummy leads, which is all that I ever got out of them. They did release me without issues, which I appreciated.
Too bad that the up line commission doesn't follow the agent. Up lines would really have to prove their worth to the agent. I'm sure that there must be some advantages to keep the upline commissions with the upline when agent leaves. I'm not sure what those advantages would be though.

No, it's Golden Outlook. They pay me for the business that I wrote, but nothing else. I had to beg for 2 crummy leads, which is all that I ever got out of them. They did release me without issues, which I appreciated.
Too bad that the up line commission doesn't follow the agent. Up lines would really have to prove their worth to the agent. I'm sure that there must be some advantages to keep the upline commissions with the upline when agent leaves. I'm not sure what those advantages would be though.

Think outside of the box for a minute. As an agent, I understand what you want to do and why, but what about the agent that moved his contract for different reasons. Maybe the IMO wasn't "bad" like you are saying Golden Outlook is, but the next IMO just gave some sort of better deal or whatever. Did the original IMO deserve to have all of the business taken away just because the agent wanted to move? No.

Some agents, especially newer agents, will move their contracts for and extra 5% (life) or an extra 1% (health), even when it doesn't make sense to do it.

I do have one question for you though. Did Golden Outlook tell you they were going to supply leads to you? If they did, then shame on them. If they didn't, then shame on you for thinking they should be doing something that they never told you they would do.

Some agents, especially newer agents, will move their contracts for and extra 5% (life) or an extra 1% (health), even when it doesn't make sense to do it.

Are you saying I can get an extra 1% to move my contracts from you? Would you release me from my Stonebridge/Transamerica contract? I want an extra 1% for not ever writing them again.

Rick

Are you saying I can get an extra 1% to move my contracts from you? Would you release me from my Stonebridge/Transamerica contract? I want an extra 1% for not ever writing them again. Rick

Don't put up with that. We will give you BOTH percents. You deserve them.

Are you saying I can get an extra 1% to move my contracts from you? Would you release me from my Stonebridge/Transamerica contract? I want an extra 1% for not ever writing them again.

Rick

Well, I figure nothing from nothing leaves nothing...so, no problem! :cool:

Don't put up with that. We will give you BOTH percents. You deserve them.

This may be the only scenario I can think of where 1 is actually equal to 0.

Back