Anyone got a market for taxis?

I would go to GMI and ARRC. It's probably worth spending two or three minutes emailing each of your carriers one by one to see who is interested. That's what I do when I have a tough one.

Been to Progressive(too big of fleet), Berkshire Homestate/Nico(10k/unit),and AmWins.

Any other markets?

Independent here, our agency used to write them. They became too much of a pain so we refer them all to a farmers agent we know. He has access to some program, I forget which one, that's great for Taxis

Here's a website I use from insurance journal when I'm trying to find coverage for a tough risk MyNewMarkets.com - Insurance Markets Directory and Search Engine

Independent here, our agency used to write them. They became too much of a pain so we refer them all to a farmers agent we know. He has access to some program, I forget which one, that's great for Taxis

Here's a website I use from insurance journal when I'm trying to find coverage for a tough risk MyNewMarkets.com - Insurance Markets Directory and Search Engine

Not surprising. While I do write them, depending on the circumstances, I often steer clear of anyone in the transport or auto sales space, as well as most contractors.

Not surprising. While I do write them, depending on the circumstances, I often steer clear of anyone in the transport or auto sales space, as well as most contractors.

I love transport, dealerships and contractors, but some classes within those businesses are tough, taxis being one of them unfortunately.

Interesting. The premiums are juicy, but the non renewals, and payment issues must be a pain?

There's a give and take for every line of business for sure. Non-renewal usually means they move to a more expensive market, so while a pain, more premium, but it is definitely a lot of work.

Yeah, as long as they don't leave for another broker.

No doubt.

Every once in a while you get one who leaves for another broker, but with the hard market not a lot of people can swoop in and steal a customer with lower premium, especially if they get non-renewed or are a hard risk. The retention rate stays pretty high, and if I lose em this year I'll try to get them back this year if they're a good client

Every once in a while you get one who leaves for another broker, but with the hard market not a lot of people can swoop in and steal a customer with lower premium, especially if they get non-renewed or are a hard risk. The retention rate stays pretty high, and if I lose em this year I'll try to get them back this year if they're a good client

Interesting. I'm always worried about some scammy little goof ass agent fudging payrolls or class codes or something like that and undercutting me with some bogus quote.

Back