Anyone Have a Mobile Website?

BTFuzz

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anyone have a website that also has a mobile version? If so, do you notice more traffic because of it? More quote requests, inquiries, etc?

My website is not mobile. It stays in one place.

Actually, with the number of people who use their smartphone in lieu of a computer, it's probably a good idea.

Rick

I have a plugin on my sites that detects mobile browsers and adjusts accordingly. I have looked at both sites on a couple of phones and it looks fine to me.

Do you know if you get mobile traffic on it? In other words, do you track it?

I have no idea. Don't track it. More interested in how people find me, not the device they are using.

Seems I get a fair number of visits from the Ukraine, Netherlands and Germany. No idea if they are using a computer or smart phone.

If your site is optimized for small screens, why should it matter what people use?

I have no idea. Don't track it. More interested in how people find me, not the device they are using.

Seems I get a fair number of visits from the Ukraine, Netherlands and Germany. No idea if they are using a computer or smart phone.

If your site is optimized for small screens, why should it matter what people use?

Yes but if prospects are surfing more on mobile devices and your site is not mobile friendly you could be losing leads because of it. I know if I pull up a page on my device and it is hard to navigate I'm moving on.

Awstats would show the browser in use and operating system of the person who sent the header request, which would tell you exactly how many mobile visitors you had.

You could also have it count in numerous other methods, this is just the easiest since most hosting companies already have awstats built into cpanel, and most definitely have a server log.

The other way would be to have it track exactly how many times the mobile css was triggered, but you'd run into an issue there, a LOT of mobile users spoof desktop header requests as if they're using a desktop browser because they don't want the mobile version of a site.

There are tons of browsers that allow doing that, I use dolphin HD for android, its easily the most stable and fastest mobile browser I've seen for any platform, including iphone. Runs flash, opens basically anything, and I don't recall it ever crashing once.

Oh, and to answer your question bob, the only reason you might want to know that is if you somehow had different content specific to mobile users, like maybe your site had something that catered to them, it would let you know to focus more on that. I don't know what that could be for medicare, but one day there might be some options they'd be interested in having.

Mobile marketing is now a big thing nowadays because lots of people are now using mobile phones and tablets in their work and for communication as well.

Back