Anyone Know the Skinny on US Health Group?

Tell me about it short term medical insurance is such a better choice for the clients. :)

Last edited:
IMO as long as long as QHPs are strongly encouraged and the future game plan is approached holistically then there is a time and a place for certain budgets and mindsets. IMO it's better they should have an agent that will try hard to convince them to get the QHP next open enrollment than the other way around.

We can agree to disagree, all limited benefit plans provide is a false sense of security and leave clients open to enormous medical bills if a major illness or hospitalization occurs.

I don't need the commissions badly enough (actually don't need it at all) to put a client in that situation.

I too was wondering about US Health, they seem to be recruiting a lot and I see here in one of my states Freedom Life just filed for an plan on the exchange.

I love how this guy keeps referring to "approved in" so many states, blows up Obama care and "rebuilds" it like thats a good thing? What about the IRS penalty, the scheduled benefits and so forth? Yeah I can sell used clunkers too!

Can I get a truthful answer on here from someone who is honest about US Health?

You're right.. Here's an ad running in Chicago right now...
Link: Licensed Health Plan Sales Reps

Gotta love the SPIN (not subject to ObamaCare) and what is NOT said (no mention of the Penalty Tax) too.

Yes I have this plan, and it is a real plan. I like the way it is set up and it is very inexpensive. And if anything does happen, unlike most other plans that you have to pay a co insurance plus the deductible, this one pays 100% coverage even the medications. And I have done my research. I'm not paying $400 a month to end up paying a $4000 deductible and then have to pay 30% of the entire bill thank you.

Yes I have this plan, and it is a real plan. I like the way it is set up and it is very inexpensive. And if anything does happen, unlike most other plans that you have to pay a co insurance plus the deductible, this one pays 100% coverage even the medications. And I have done my research. I'm not paying $400 a month to end up paying a $4000 deductible and then have to pay 30% of the entire bill thank you.

I smell a troll:skeptical:

What is this plan called? We can clearly take this info to the company's SOB section and poke all kind of holes in your statement.

Really? An endorsement from and you are????

US from what I know as far as Ive looked into it until I decided it was not for me and may be different in different areas depending on the manager is an MGA promotes several ancillary plans like Cancer and CI from several different carriers. They have training and structure, something some of us need to help us get out there writing will only take a slight cut of your pie. They or you will use Exchange Plans as only a door opener and since most carriers do not offer GA contracts US Health will remind you of the low pay from those plans and that the real money for you and for them is in these supp plans. In states where FreedLIfe is approved they will promote the heck out of it because its a spin off of the old Mega Death plans (slightly improved) and certainly profitable for them and for you.

But this is not rocket science and if you let yourself into the belief that out of all the industry veterans the henchman over at FreeLIfe are the only ones who could build a better mousetrap than your falling under a spell of delusion formed from greed. "blow up obamacare" and what ever other lingo they use are just slick come ons and coupled with the promise of 6 to 7 figure incomes its what you want to believe, but just aint so. Im not saying its a bad organization,they offer training, structure and support and will help you get out there, just discern the reality from hype will you? Want more proof, look up their agents in your area, do they really all strike you as high 6 figure earners? No insult intended, but look at the facts apart from the hype.

And as for the single post wonder boy chrisinkilleen, if you were comparing a plan from the exchange at full retail then you've already shown us you dont know what your talking about.

Last edited:
I"m reading through this thread and wondering if USHealth is a good option for me.
I'm recently divorced so this is the first time I've gotten insurance on my own (self-employed). Had always been on an individual plan through Scott & White but now my plan isn't offered and the new one isn't affordable. Before I make the commitment to USHealth, I'd like to hear what you have to say.
I'm a healthy 48yr old woman with 2 kids (15, 12.5), who are also healthy.

I"m reading through this thread and wondering if USHealth is a good option for me.
I'm recently divorced so this is the first time I've gotten insurance on my own (self-employed). Had always been on an individual plan through Scott & White but now my plan isn't offered and the new one isn't affordable. Before I make the commitment to USHealth, I'd like to hear what you have to say.
I'm a healthy 48yr old woman with 2 kids (15, 12.5), who are also healthy.

No. You need to speak to a broker in your area. There are better options.

(I would like to know if you got an actual SWHP quote, though. No one else I know has gotten through)

No. You need to speak to a broker in your area. There are better options.

(I would like to know if you got an actual SWHP quote, though. No one else I know has gotten through)

Thanks. I have a name to call tomorrow. THe US Health person, though, took my account info before they would even let me apply, which really bothered me.

As for S&W, since I am already a member, I went to the site they told me, put in my info and got two plan choices only, both of which were double what I pay now and not at all the same PPO coverage. For myself and 2 kids, the lowest was just under $800/mo

I personally have seen this plan work better than My current BC/ BS plan. They do offer an unlimited Lifetime rate option but usually the 5 million is sufficient. I was very skeptical at first but have watched this plan work better than a high deductible obamacare plan. ONe of the customers had a horrible accident and quickly had medical bills in excess of 300k. The customer used the step -up rider which she was able to use during her claim with no addl underwriting and her out of pocket was $5000. She was on the Medguard option and was given a check for 15000 which she used to cover that deductible and to help pay her mortgage and other bills. Everything else was taken care of. Obamacare is great for some clients and I help them find the best plan for their current situation. Even if it means I wont be making a dime. MY mother had an emergency in NJ and since she was on the nationwide ppo plan was able to go to the hospital up north and had no issues. Some points said are valid but to say that the plan doesnt work is false. If you need a doctor visit you get a certain discount or can use call md if its not serious. I personally havent been charged anything when I go see the doctor as the price he charges is under the $100 benefit I receieve. I will happily post the medcal bills and show my out of pocket expenses from USHA and BCBS and then you can draw your own conclusion based on actual bills and not opinion of my companies better than yours. We all do something that helps people daily. We are all agents and helping people is what this career is all about

Back