Anyone Run Across Northwestern Mutual?

That was a pretty long way to say the following:

If he wants cash value, keep the WL. If he wants death benefit with no further premiums, guaranteed UL.

That was a pretty long way to say the following:

If he wants cash value, keep the WL. If he wants death benefit with no further premiums, guaranteed UL.

not exactly
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
From the OP and following posts it was clear that the OP did not have a grasp on the purpose of a product like the ACP: he was not impressed by 4.5% rr on CV by year 7, and he seems to only be focused on the DB aspect of the product.
We are talking about a $20K dump in on a CV oriented product and he is trying to sell on $50K extra in DB!
If this product is suitable for the client, the extra $50K in DB is a non issue; this clients advisor should know this.

It also did not seem like he has nearly enough facts to move forward in evaluating this situation.

I also directly answered one of his questions which everyone else has failed to so far, but most know.

He said he was here for knowledge and technical info, so I tried to give it. His case is not as cut and dry as "if he wants CV go with WL, and if he wants DB go with GUL..".

Last edited:
I came here to learn some technical information from someone knowledgeable about these products...not to be prodded into arguments.

No you didn't you came here to look for wind for your sails in a hopeful replacement of a policy you happened upon. You're looking for information on the mechanics of whole life contracts you should understand before you even think to yourself "maybe this guy/gal should do something else."

You asked:

Does anyone know if a 7 year old policy (on which the illustration says 5.15% dividend) is eligble for the 6.15% dividend that the company announced shortly ago? or is it just for new business?

Really? So you have no idea how declared dividends work. Obviously no idea how Whole Life insurance works, but you want to replace it. Forget for a minute that today this person can get more units of death benefit for the same premium outlay with a different product; that may or may not be the most important element to this situation. Whole Life insurance is a heck of a lot more flexible than guaranteed UL.

You came here to learn technical information? Then stop throwing around your biases on topics you've more than clearly identified you know nothing about, and start really seeking answers. As the old piece of advice goes, if your not getting the right answers, you're not asking the right questions.

OH MY LORD!!! Can we say ego? I asked a question and got berated by a couple of guys who have nothing better to do on easter than sit on this forum and make me respond to my Blackberry.

Why the *%$& do you think this person contacted me for if they didn't want to see how much death benefit they could get for what they have now?

Seriously, my first post and to be attacked like this is a joke. I posted because I thought this might be a forum of professionals helping professionals. Sorry to see this instead. I won't be posting again.

OH MY LORD!!! Can we say ego? I asked a question and got berated by a couple of guys who have nothing better to do on easter than sit on this forum and make me respond to my Blackberry.
If you cant take a little constructive criticism how do you expect to ever make it in this industry?

And my post wasnt berating you. BNTRS might have been a bit harsh, but still made some valid points.

Why the *%$& do you think this person contacted me for if they didn't want to see how much death benefit they could get for what they have now?

I dont know why they contacted you, you never stated it!
There are many reasons to contact an agent, maximizing DB is just one of them. No offense, but the fact that you dont know this shows your inexperience. You should listen for the bits of wisdom that have already been given about this situation, no matter how blunt they might have been.

Seriously, my first post and to be attacked like this is a joke. I posted because I thought this might be a forum of professionals helping professionals. Sorry to see this instead. I won't be posting again.

You are quick to take offense and counter attack, but you have not listened to (or at least acknowledged) one bit of technical info or wisdom that has been given. Wisdom can hide within criticism.

If the client is concerned with maximizing the amount of DB for his money then he most likely never should have bought the policy. But you still need more info about this.

Last edited:
Seriously, my first post and to be attacked like this is a joke.

:cry:

Actually, I took issue with your second post. You threw the stone before I did. But seriously, do you truly want to learn something about these products? Because if you'd calm down for a minute and stop being such a defensive little prick I could give you a decent supply of knowledge on this topic, and maybe even some good pointers on how to deal with NML in a competitive situation.

Pompous aholes on the forum. Know it alls pimping life insurance that 95% of the population doesn't need. Ridiculous. Sell simple term 95% of the time and let the aholes on this forum compete for the other 5% who want to get hosed buying fancy, complicated, useless life insurance. And nobody sells overpriced, useless life insurance better than NWML.

Last edited:
Pompous aholes on the forum. Know it alls pimping life insurance that 95% of the population doesn't need. Ridiculous. Sell simple term 95% of the time and let the aholes on this forum compete for the other 5% who want to get hosed buying fancy, complicated, useless life insurance. And nobody sells overpriced, useless life insurance better than NWML.

wow. complicated, useless life insurance... you really know your stuff dont you... spoken like a true health broker who doesnt know a thing about the life side of the business... i guess theres a reason your handle is healthguy and not lifeguy :1rolleyes:

Back