Anyway to Compare Auto Insurance Rates by County ?

Let the forum no what state you are moving to and I am sure there is a qualified agent who can assist you. If that doesn't work call any of the big companies that do business in all states like Allstate, State Farm, Geico, Progressive, Travelers, Nationwide, Liberty Mutual, and Mercury. Good Luck.

There isn't a good way to do that. The other thing that you're going to run into is that most agents are licensed in multiple states, so you're probably best off getting a new quote from an agent in the new state.

On a side note, considering all the implications of moving, I wouldn't imagine that your car insurance rate would have much of an impact one way or the other.

In addition to calling big insurance companies as was suggested, you can also find an independent agent who will competitively shop your quote around to several insurance companies.

Thank you, the agents of:
Insight Agency Insurance Services | #0B38235
web: insightagency.net
web: petalumainsurance.net

You live in NY, if you are moving to Mich, or la. I believe they are the highest in the country. follwed by NJ, ma. NY is high on the list. Google the state averages, they had it on msn, headline's a while back. The most expense state for auto insurance, I was surprised NJ. fell a few places.

You live in NY, if you are moving to Mich, or la. I believe they are the highest in the country. follwed by NJ, ma. NY is high on the list. Google the state averages, they had it on msn, headline's a while back. The most expense state for auto insurance, I was surprised NJ. fell a few places.

This is going back many years, but when I moved from NJ to Portland, OR, I was surprised my rates were about the same, with much less generous PIP coverage.

I don't find average auto insurance rates very useful. If there is an agent in the new state, representing the same company you are insured with now, I'd contact them for rate quotes for the zip codes where you may reside. Edited to add: Once you know where you want to live, shop around for competitive rates with a company meeting your needs.

Last edited:
You were surcharged, because you came from NJ. (just kidding)

Ha! In NJ, my Dad was my agent, and he had me with West American, when over 50% of the state was in the involuntary market (JUA -- for you old, NJ agents). So, I had good rates for suburban NJ, which turned out to be about the same as urban Portland, Oregon.

I found an indy agent representing Ohio Casualty/West American, but he very nicely told me he did not want to transfer my policy to his office. I think he was afraid I might hurt his loss ratio. There was no NJ surcharge, but there was NJ rejection.

When I was driving over the road, trucking. I had NY PLATES on my rig., I was always being pulled over and harassed! I can say that because, I leased on with a texas company, I then had texas plates on my truck, I was given the green light at the scale, but my brother who had NY plates, would get pulled in right in front of me, or behind me! GA, give me a ticket for not having a GA fuel sticker on my trailer! Point is there is no fuel sticker for trailers! He said NY requires it! Hello i had my NY sticker, GA doesn't have one!

Latest posts

Back