Appointment Setter?

shawn63376

I am considering contracting a commission ONLY Appointment Setter to set appointments for me with people in THEIR Natural Market. I will be paying them $25 per kept appt. Do you guys see any holes in this logic?

What are you selling?

Just out of curiosity , why are you not setting your own appointments? How will you know who they know and that the people they know will be good prospects?

I have to assume that you are going to need a whole lot of appointment setters if you are planning on them only calling their "natural market". I would say that most people will have trouble coming up with more than ten to fifteen people at the most.

I have never found a time that I have been so busy all day, every day writing apps that I didn't have time to set my own appointments. The quality of the appointments I set is much better also. It is not cost effective for me to go on an appointment unless I feel that I have around a 90% chance of making a sale.

I only sell Med Supps. Other markets may be different.

I am considering contracting a commission ONLY Appointment Setter to set appointments for me with people in THEIR Natural Market. I will be paying them $25 per kept appt. Do you guys see any holes in this logic?

I highly encourage you to run the idea past your state department of insurance. Every state is different. I know here in Texas the practice you describe pushes the spirit of insurance licensing to the wall. In Texas no one may be paid a commission without a current insurance license. By putting the caveat of "kept appointment" on your payment structure you could have changed your payments from a Telemarketing fee to a commission.

It will not hurt you to call your state department of insurance or verify that your TM person has an active insurance license. If they are licensed, I do not see any problems.

What state are you from? That's a potential legal situation that you might want to speak to a lawyer about. I'd recommend a pre-paid legal service plan to have whatever contractual documents to be reviewed and tweaked before you go down that path. And I'm sure there are so other legal considerations you might have not thought of. If you would be interested in a legal plan, send me an email and I'll give you a link to more information.

Just sent him one. Sorry. Membership has it's prevlages. And I can get you a better rate.

What state are you from? That's a potential legal situation that you might want to speak to a lawyer about. I'd recommend a pre-paid legal service plan to have whatever contractual documents to be reviewed and tweaked before you go down that path. And I'm sure there are so other legal considerations you might have not thought of. If you would be interested in a legal plan, send me an email and I'll give you a link to more information.

Not for nothing, but attorney's usually don't know jack about specific regulations like this and will charge you a fortune to look it up. Calling the state insurance department isn't a bad idea, but regardless of the state if you're paying per appointment kept, not per sale, you should be 100% fine. The only other concern would be in how much information the telemarketer gets into with the prospect and if they are acting as an agent, odds are they won't be, but that's another area folks can get in trouble for.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, pre-paid legal sucks.

Last edited:
Back