Are Any of You Refusing to Become Exchange Certified?

I can see it now!

Marketplace (Exchange) Website Notice - October 27, 2013:
The marketplace is currently experiencing technical difficulties.......

Agents:
Every time I get a client on the phone to complete their app, this website won't work!

So ironic that p and c guys and financial guys get these obamacare calls and they have no clue. What a joke but typical.

Ironic? I would say, quite normal. P&C guys only usually control 90% or more of all insurance money spent in a household, are considered to be their trusted insurance adviser, build relationships that last, see families grow up, celebrate events and assist in devastating loss.
No clue about Obamacare? I do not agree. On the contrary, this P&C guy is fully aware of the law and requirements. Who in the insurance business isn't?
No Joke here.
Dave

Ironic? I would say, quite normal. P&C guys only usually control 90% or more of all insurance money spent in a household, are considered to be their trusted insurance adviser, build relationships that last, see families grow up, celebrate events and assist in devastating loss.
No clue about Obamacare? I do not agree. On the contrary, this P&C guy is fully aware of the law and requirements. Who in the insurance business isn't?
No Joke here.
Dave

You would be surprised by the number of agents who don't know a lot about this in spite of it being their livelihood. Maybe shocked is a better word.

I finished the training that's out there thru the SHOP agreements. Is there supposed to be more coming? I can't figure it out . . .

Be certain to save/print the certificates that they give you access to save/print. Who knows if this whole thing will come crashing down.

We still have, as I understand, to go through an identity verification process that is not yet available.

I got my training and certs done in a couple of hours for the Federal individual and SHOP ....just to have it just in case it looks lucrative which it doesn't . Not really appointed with any health plans ...Doh. lol:nah:

Last edited:
Be certain to save/print the certificates that they give you access to save/print. Who knows if this whole thing will come crashing down.

We still have, as I understand, to go through an identity verification process that is not yet available.

Ok - I did that stuff & printed the certificates. I guess we'll know when the identify verification is ready. Although, I'm not hopeful after today's news that they are delaying signing agreements with the health insurers until later in Sept. The article was posted in another thread, but for those who didn't see it here it is:
Exclusive: U.S. delays deadline for finalizing Obamacare health plans | Reuters
Apparently they have never been in any sort of a customer facing role & don't understand having a sense of urgency or being responsive to customer inquiries . . .

Ok - I did that stuff & printed the certificates. I guess we'll know when the identify verification is ready. Although, I'm not hopeful after today's news that they are delaying signing agreements with the health insurers until later in Sept. The article was posted in another thread, but for those who didn't see it here it is:
Exclusive: U.S. delays deadline for finalizing Obamacare health plans | Reuters
Apparently they have never been in any sort of a customer facing role & don't understand having a sense of urgency or being responsive to customer inquiries . . .

If you read between the lines of this and other articles it's pretty clear that the Exchanges won't be ready by October 1st.

That will get replaced by the January 1 effective date deadline as the key 'metric'.

Given that Oregon has already pushed back to mid-October and California is considering something similar it would be no surprise to have them delay the FFE Open Enrollment start date to October 15th with the rationale of 'this is when it will start in the future'.

They then have the option to push the opening even later, conceivably as late as December 1, and couple that with an extension of the time lost to the end of the Open Enrollment on March 31st. The net for the Administration is that they would not have to admit that the 1st year was a failure at they opened on time and gave people enough time to enroll.

Doing that would help me, it would allow a focus on the Medicare AEP while working with just non-subsidy eligibles to put coverage in place through the end of 2014 without being overwhelmed.

Back